web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
jmarte Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi everyone! I have a question on programming. We have an AXXESS 9.1 and I wanted to set up a special line for a special event. I want the line to ring about 4 times and go to VM if nobody answers. I don't want this line to be tied directly to any existing keysets. Once it is set up I am going to have it ring at an existing extension as a secondary extension.

I can program everything else but I do not know how to make a line that will ring 4 times before going to VM that is not associated with a keyset.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks!!

Inter-Tel AXXESS v10
3 consoles running Inter-Tel attendant console v3.004
Digital phones - 8520s
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RCA Offline
Im trying to figure out your meaning of line. Are you trying to set up a number, that someone could dial from the outside, that would ring say a phone or group of phones?

We need more info. What type of lines do you have from telco, T1 PRI, DID, Loop Start, all the above, some of the above? What exactly are you trying to accomplish with this line? You said you dont want this line to be tied to an extension directly, so what type of phone will you be using to answer this line, digital set or an anolog set?

Rhett
jmarte Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry for the confusion, especially since I am new with this system and don't know all of the tech terms. We have DIDs, a T1 PRI. Our phones are the digital 8520s. Here is what I am trying to accomplish. We have a DID designated for ticketing. When someone calls this DID, I want it to ring on someone else's extension as a secondary extension. If they do not answer it, then I want it to go voicemail. The important factor is that it is a separate line and the secondary extension needs to be able to differentiate between her regular calls and the ticketing calls. I also need to make sure that the ticketing messages go into a separate mailbox and don't go to hers. I know how to program most of this stuff I mentioned above, but I don't know how to make an extension that is not assocated with a physical keyset. I can make DIDs that go directly to a non associated mailbox, which is what I am trying to accomplish here. The only difference is that I want it to ring several times and I want another extension to be set up as a secondary extension to give the person a chance to catch the call before going to VM

Inter-Tel AXXESS v10
3 consoles running Inter-Tel attendant console v3.004
Digital phones - 8520s
RCA Offline
One way to do this is route that DID to a Hunt group. Assign the phone or phones as members of this Hunt Group. Label the HG so the user can see this on their screen. The 'Recall' of this Hunt Group is going to be a CRA that goes to a Voicemail box. This will probably be the easiest way to do what you want. Yes there are other ways.

Rhett

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,781
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,759 Shoretel
188,956 CTX100 install
187,197 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Professor Shadow), 135 guests, and 171 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024