web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
We like the things Henry Dreyfuss designed for Western Electric - they're functional art. I've got a 302 in the master bedroom, a Princess in the guest room, and the BIS-10 is one of the last phones that had any style.

The Legend is just a madcap "labor of love" to let us use old phones on Uverse, and it's proven to be amazingly versatile. About the only thing it can't do is let me access voice mail on the 100 year old wood wall phone. I have no idea how many clicks of the switch hook it would take to "dial" a pound, but I have been able to flash it to get an ICOM line, then if I get the timing right, I can flick it to dial another extension in the house. call

Once the Magix carrier is delivered, I just need to start shucking those clams.

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Ah! This is a residential installation. I could not...for the life of me...figure out why rotary dial phones were needed for a commercial application.

I Love FEATURE 00
OP Offline
Ugh! "Upgrading" to a Magix carrier seemed like a good idea, but the 408 ATL board completely fills the clamshell end to end, so there's no way it will fit. I didn't even try to see if the 016 Basic/POTS board will fit.

Back to square one...

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
A 016 will fit. I know that ATL phones are not supported by the Magix, but I'm very surprised that the board won't fit the carrier once it has been removed from the clamshell.

OP Offline
It's a really weird board. The incoming lines are on a separate board connected with a headers and pins array that's almost as long as the board is wide. I thought I could unplug it, but the main board goes "deeper" so it can't plug in without cutting out the bottom of the carrier.

I did find what's claimed to be a NOS Legend power supply online. Hopefully these things age as a function of being powered up, rather than by time in a box.

Now I just need to find someone looking for a Magix carrier.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Remember the Legend cards (especially the ATL cards) were designed many years before the Magix was on the drawing board. The clamshells were designed to adapt the brand new Magix cards to the older carrier, not the other way around.\

It's not necessarily true that all Legend cards are going to fit in a Magix carrier once they are removed from the clamshell.

OP Offline
Yes, it was a surprise... The naked processor and 408MLX went in with no problems, but when I opened up the ATL board, I was like "Zoinks!" soon followed by $#%@!

Tommy- Many thanks for your wisdom on the MLM007 voicemail. I was able to find forum postings from you here and elsewhere that let me take a random eBay find and get it running without much trouble.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
"Zoinks!" I just had a "Screech" flashback. crazy

I Love FEATURE 00
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,651 Shoretel
189,541 CTX100 install
187,787 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (justbill, ffej010, nortelvoip), 194 guests, and 263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024