web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
cr44 Offline OP
OP Offline
Guest room phones in one of my hotels are the only phones that are unable to make local or LD calls. Staff phones(IP sets) can make those calls. COS for both staff and guest room phones are the same. For giggles, I changed the COR of the guest room phones to the same COR as the staff phones. However, the guest room phones are still not able to make those calls.

Suggestions please?

Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Go to the console, use Attendant Function and bring up a room extension. If the display reads int then that extension can not make any calls except room to room. You can change the mode from int to either local or LD. When in local mode, the caller will follow any ARS restrictions programmed for local calling but will not allow for any number that starts with a 1 such as 1+NNX+7D. When in LD mode, all calls are allowed.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
cr44 Offline OP
OP Offline
Of course! I should've known better. smh...

cr44 Offline OP
OP Offline
My problem didn't end after I made the changes some time ago. The problem persists.
I have the guest rooom phones set to COS 1. I've added member 1 to COR group 1.
With COR Group 1 having member 1 in it, I set the phone in room 101 to Local but was unable to make a local call. I changed the guest room setting to Long Distance and couldn't make a LD call.
I remove member 1 from COR 1 and can now make local or LD calls. However, when I set the guest room phone to local, I can still make LD calls. Of course that's because there are no restrictions now because COR 1 has no member.
Suggestions please...

cr44 Offline OP
OP Offline
Excuse me, the issue I descibed in the post above relates to a 3300AX. Not a SX200 AX.

COR follows trunks, stations and route definitions. If you have experience in programming Mitels, then you know to match COR with services. If you don't, then it's time you contact a Mitel dealer in your area and have them do the 15 minutes of programming that will take several hours of explaining to do in this forum.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
cr44 Offline OP
OP Offline
I want to thank everyone that contributed input to my questions. I managed to figure it out and got them set up according to their wishes. I appreciate all of your input.

Thanks!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,781
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,755 Shoretel
188,941 CTX100 install
187,190 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 118 guests, and 167 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024