web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#568662 03/20/14 07:40 AM
RUSS K. Offline OP
OP Offline
Yesterday I was out to a customer to move a phone, and they tell me they can't to end-to-end DTMF on an inbound call. I tested, and it doesn't work. On an outbound call it's fine. I was hunting through the install book, and couldn't find an option that looked like it would do that.

I called back to my office, had my secretary push a couple buttons and I heard the tones.

What option am I missing. The system is running 3.5, but it was only the 2nd one I installed, and was still on a learning curve.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

RUSS K.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Russ, you heard the tones but did your secretary hear them also?

What kind of trunks do you and the customer have?

Last edited by Derrick; 03/20/14 04:30 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
RUSS K. Offline OP
OP Offline
Derrick, I called her, she pushed buttons, I heard them. I called their location from my Cell, pushed buttons, no tones. Just heard a slight click on my cell. I called my cell from their location, (and called one of my other customers auto-attendant) I could hear their tones, and the auto-atten responded to my tones.

The lines are plain old POTS lines.

It is apparent that on an inbound call, I can't generate DTMF to the calling end. On the old Executech's, sometimes you had to put the caller on hold, then go back to make the DTMF signaling work (I think, been years since I had that) but I put the phone on hold, heard their music on my cell, went back on and tried to DTMF, same as before.

Leave it to me to get this goofy crap.

RUSS K.
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Well, if you hit your cell and don't hear tones, the SBX is not blocking that, there is something else going on. That is not the same as you calling them they answer and they push tones that you can't hear. I am pretty sure the SBX is passive about what audio comes over an incoming line...if the caller is generating a sound the SBX users should hear it.

Last edited by Derrick; 03/20/14 06:07 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

RUSS K. Offline OP
OP Offline
Derrick,

It is on inbound calls to the SBX. Their power company calls them for something, starts out with press 1 for something, press 2 for something else. They push 1, nothing happens. Menu repeats. That is why I tested calling it, and pushed buttons. My office called me there on their phone. I pushed buttons. Secretary did not hear them. So I called my office from there. I also have an SBX V3.5. After she answered, I pushed buttons. She could hear them. She pressed buttons, and got the same thing I got when I called my cell. Just heard a slight click. The DTMF works on outbound calls, but not if a call is placed to their MBX.

Guess I need to call Tech tomorrow from their location.

RUSS K.
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
There is no option that I am aware of that can turn an incoming digit tone off or on for an analog trunk. Digital, yes. But are the trunks digital at some point before they are analog?

Since you are using a CCR check the following options:

CCR Time Out Timer
> CCR Time Out can be controlled via the InterDigit
Timer in PGM 181 Button 8. Note: This timer must be
longer than the CCR InterDigit Timer. Changing the
InterDigit Timer will impact other functions.
PGM 182 + FLEX 11 +
015 Seconds (2 digits) +
[HOLD/SAVE]
VALUES --
Range = 000-300

www.myrandomviews

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
That sounds like a provider issue to me.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Sometimes when dealing with so many voip and digital circuits I forget how to be a phone tech.

What happens when you listen to these trunks with a test set attached to the lines up stream of the SBX? (and check all of them) Do you hear incoming tones? If not you have a provider issue for sure.

Last edited by Derrick; 03/21/14 08:16 AM.

www.myrandomviews

Wasn't there something that you had to go into the National Specific table or something and change a gain setting? I pulling from way back and haven't installed an SBX in years but I do recall have this exact problem.

Here is an old note that I apparently typed up:

Setting up Auto attendant on the SBX:

In order to have touch tones work when calls are directly ringing
to the auto-attendant you have to go in to CO LINE LIST and choose
the lines and click refresh and the right click choose UPDATE TOOL
Check Mark the DISA on/off box and then put the VMIB message in the
Box next to it

Once again I'm going back sometime and haven't really worked on the SBX in a long time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,112 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Curlycord), 55 guests, and 432 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024