web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hi here is a link to some 1A2 key system and phones.
This is a private collection.
If you click on the gallery this will take you to the main
page for this site, lots of other phone photos.
https://www.strowgercentraloffice.com/gallery2/index.php/1a2
Please send a message if link is broken.
Thank you Phil

Phil
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I love those pics Phil!

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
OP Offline
If you click on Gallery this will to you to the mail page. Here you can see the entire collection.

Phil
Wow Phil. That is amazing. Reminds me of the setup we used to have in the Sun Valley Lodge when I worked there in the 80s/90s only much bigger, cleaner and significantly less dusty

The way things are going, I wish they were in vogue again. Clear voice, ringing even during a black out. Building muscle pulling "manly cable" not this "dainty" crap. Oh all's I have to do is type to make a phone ring. Make me think and I'll design a diode matrix. It all got way too easy in my opinion.
John 807

John 807
This reminded me of the Hilton Reservation headquarters here in Pittsburgh. When we installed the cross-bar PBX in 1975, we also installed 1,500 lines of 1A2. The photos were nearly identical to what we did. The up side to 1A2 is it ALWAYS worked. The down side is the technicians must possess at least 2 active, working brain cells to troubleshoot and maintain the systems. Today, that's asking for too much.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Hey guys,
This last weekend I happened to be going to Portland and had the opportunity to be invited to see Phil's setup down in Salem.
I have to say that the pics he has does not do justice to everything he has set up down there. Manual switchboard, toll switchboard, fully functional step by step switch, Crossbar switch.. So many phones I wouldnt guess to count and a whole rainbow room of basically all models of 1A2 phones in all colors.

We walked into the switch room and I was blown away. at the touch of a button he fired up the test calls to the step by step switch and the thing came to life. Just simply amazing. I spent over 3 hours there and my brain is still melted. I had always lamented not ever being able to see an electromechanical switch in operation. Now I have. It was awesome.

Phil, thanks so much for having us out. I'd love to come visit again. Especially to take some video of the switch running. Everyone else: If you have the opportunity to be in the neighborhood get ahold of Phil and try to visit. Its the Disneyland for phone nerds! smile
Shawn

Last edited by Dimension Seven; 06/09/14 10:30 PM.
You guys on the East side of the country can see a whole bunch of EM switches in action. There is a switchers' tour the Saturday of the June weekend when the TCI Lancaster PA meet occurs.

It was last weekend, and next year promises to be even bigger and better. There were over 100 tables for buying and selling antique and not-so antique telephone stuff, and the tour covered at least three different homes where EM switches are permanently set up.

The meet itself hosted a C*NET connection so that demo switches (step and crossbar) could access the world-wide C*NETwork. (see www.CKTS.info)

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

OP Offline
Reviving this thread for the lateset folk's
New web sit coming soon. This was never compleated.

Phil
All I can say is AMAZING! Makes my little 1A2 set up look quite insignificant!

Best,

Joe

Real comms took 200lb teletypes, hand keys, sounders, operators and cranked phones!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,773
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,465 Shoretel
188,334 CTX100 install
187,094 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (C5Z, Keyset6), 150 guests, and 277 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024