web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
surdel Offline OP
OP Offline
I am normally shipped the AP by a Project management company and they remote into the unit for configuration. In this case, a client is asking me for a quote for a Wifi installation. I have installed plenty of commercial Wifi units, "Cisco Aeronet, Aruba and so on but want one that has very good customer support a decent price and warranty.

What WIFI Access points do you technicans buy and configure?

I have also used a few wifi field streagth apps but like to know what you use? One of the best apps I have read about is Ekhau Heat map software. However, I do not have the special wifi card or there card to do sight surveys.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I prefer Cisco.

As to field strength software the Free version of Ekhau Heatmapper is great for seeing how you coverage is and gives you an overview of each AP, but it doesn't tell you much or anything about channels being using and such.

Metegeeks InSSIDer is a great free product that lets you see almost everything you need on signal strength and channel assignments. The InSSIDer Office version with Wi-Spy is even better

Patrick T. Caezza
Santa Paula, CA 93060
C-7 - Low Voltage System Contractor - Lic# 992448
Depends on the budget but I usually lean towards Ubiquiti unless it's only one or two devices, otherwise the controller software makes life to easy to get out the console cable for Ci$co.

One-offs I typically use an EnGenius EAP350.

Jeff
Lead Field Engineer, MSCNS
We are using a Cisco 4400 controller at work with APs throughout the shop and office.

I've installed Ubiquiti APs for customers, they are pretty nice.
At home I have a Meraki AP which is now owned by Cisco, it's also cloud managed.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Aruba most times

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I install Ayrstone open mesh. Any Ayrstone unit can be a gateway AP or signal repeater. 2 miles line of sight and can be leapfrogged for greater distance. Easy to configure, easy remote access. I use Google Wifi Analyzer and Open Lines cell/wifi analyzer both available from the Google apps store.

Last edited by Derrick; 06/14/14 01:15 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
I've stopped using anything but Ubiquiti since v3 of the controller is now available. With a $10 instance at Digital Ocean running the controller, I can have one, ten, or a thousand APs provisioned and ready to go in just minutes with L3 provisioning.

I stay away from anything "mesh" simply due to the effect in performance huge performance hit whenever devices are connecting to one another rather than with a cable.

A NanoStation M2 and M5 make great spectrum analyzers for less than $100 each to let you see real-time what is on each band since not every source of interference will come from someone else's SSID.

Jeff
Lead Field Engineer, MSCNS

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,110 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 113 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024