web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
R O B Offline OP
OP Offline
I was called in to help an alarm company from out of town troubleshoot a paging system hooked into an Encore (which I have never touched before. I mainly deal with Samsung systems). When I got there they told me that paging was working but the background music wasn't muting. Inter-tel tech support told them to move the page input to port 8 on the extension card turn on the PA amplifier setting on ext. 27. From that point on pages are inaudible. The other installers said that they talked to Bogen tech support as well and that was set up properly. When I took a look at the Bogen it looked good(wiring in the right places and so forth). When we would try to page it would go out over the phones and not over the loud speakers. Could it be that they put the page input in the wrong port or is there an external page feature code that they didn't set?

I am going back to the site at 6 am pacific tomorrow (6/7). If anyone has an idea of what might be happening, or programming features to check please let me know.

Thank you in advance for any help that you may provide.

R O B

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Is this a new install? It seems like the page control should be turning off the MOH when the page domes through, or are both coming from (controlled by) the phone system?
I've never played with the Encore before, maybe one of the other guys will chime in soon.

Devin
Admin
Admin
which Bogen amp is used the TPU series have a vox operated mute which the sensitivity is adjustable all it needs is an audio signal

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
R O B Offline OP
OP Offline
This is a new install and it isn't very pretty. The background music is coming from a satelite radio through a Bogen UTI1 and then to a TPU-100B. So far this morning I have discovered that the techs that installed the system put the pair to the paging system on port 8 of the expansion cabnet and not the main cabnet. I now get paging but it seems like it is coming from the phones and not the speakers.

R O B Offline OP
OP Offline
Found the problem. It wasn't connected to the phone system properly(no talk battery, movedthe connection to a working trunk port and it was clear as a bell).

I appreciate all of the help.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,654 Shoretel
189,545 CTX100 install
187,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 133 guests, and 275 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024