web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
First time programming an IPEdge system. Phones are IP5000 series. Trying to use buttons on phone to program station speed dial numbers. Software says #66, speed dial bin, telephone number, #. As soon as I dial #66 the phone busys out instead of showing "speed dial" on display. Really don't want to have to program station speed dial numbers for 25 phones as an administrator. Would much rather let each user do their own. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Make sure the station(s) have been assigned station speed dial bins in program 200.

OP Offline
they have been. And received other info that it cannot be done on the phone with an IPedge system? Any other info on this would be very helpful.

I looked at feature description and they mentioned #66 to enter speed dials, but then I looked at the most recent User Guide, and there was no mention of #66 at all. I looked at the available Flexible access codes on an IPEdge system, and there is no #66 codes in there.

I found out a while back that the personal program mode code does not work. I would assume that they want people to use the Enterprise Manager web application to set personal options now.

You can't use the IP5000 user guide anymore, I believe it states in there somewhere that that manual is strictly for an IP5000 connected to a CIX. The correct manual is the IPegde User guide and that covers the IP telephone, Messaging, and Call Manager. In there where it covers setting speed dials it says to use the web-based user administration to set the speed dials. Its probably a little easier anyway, the individual user uses their ext number for the username and password and it only gives them certain parameters that they are able to manage, its the equivalent of what MyPhoneManager was.

OP Offline
Thank you for the input. We will have to come up with a new plan of attack as far as what we allow the users to do. I appreciate all the responses.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,739
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,291 Shoretel
188,176 CTX100 install
187,019 1a2 system
Newest Members
andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial
49,763 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
teleco 4
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Memphisribs, teldata1, Toner, nonameyet), 96 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024