web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
mdaniel #571857 05/17/14 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by mdaniel
... in order to remain an Avaya BP you need a minimum of (2) APSS's and (2) ACIS's on staff.
Both certifications expire every (2) years and must be renewed to remain an Avaya BP.

So in order to sell a three line by 10 extension system to a mom and pop, at a minimum, I would need at least three other (highly paid) people working for me. Welcome to planet Avaya.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

hbiss #571858 05/17/14 08:42 PM
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Originally Posted by hbiss
Originally Posted by mdaniel
... in order to remain an Avaya BP you need a minimum of (2) APSS's and (2) ACIS's on staff.
Both certifications expire every (2) years and must be renewed to remain an Avaya BP.

So in order to sell a three line by 10 extension system to a mom and pop, at a minimum, I would need at least three other (highly paid) people working for me. Welcome to planet Avaya.

-Hal

Not necessary, you could do it with yourself and another, technically APSS' and ACIS's can pull double duty.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you only need 1 ACIS not 2

Tony
Its ,time to find anther product.
You know they have been trying to get rid of the little guys.
In some board room they feel only the large sellers should
sell the product, If the sequence continues they should start opening company owned stores ,that will last 5-7 years
When they fall on their face they will be back.
Its a vicious cycle .

OP Offline
Ken have to look at NEC What do you think ??? Any other product that you find worth looking at. Your right Avaya is getting to be a pain in the a%6.Shame been doing it for about 16 yrs

i will call you.
the rub with NEC is they are discontinuing the DSX and pushing
the 1100 the DSX was meat and potatoes for a bunch of us
on here.

Last edited by KENB; 05/19/14 11:24 AM.
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Hal, once again your crusty-ness shows. You know full well what it takes to be a business partner.
To be a business partner, at a minimum, you need 2 people certified in APSS which is for sales. You can sell the system, but, since not certified for installation, you would not be able to open tickets for support.

If you want to install, you need 1 ACIS. That test is online for around $100. You could take the boot camp class, and probably be able to pass, or if you have a few installs under your belt, should be able to as well.

If you want to further your knowledge as well as sell co-delivery maintenance, you would need an ACIS certification. That test is $125 at a Pearson Vuelta testing center. Someone working on, iPO for 2 ish years should be able to pass...

NONE of the classes are mandatory and can be taken at any time.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Mongo, good info.....

RIP Admin
RIP Admin
Let me get this straight, you need 2 people with APSS just to sell there product but that doesn't cover installing which you need a ACIS but one person can have both certs to sale and install.I saw somewhere that when a customer buys a system you need to pay for support time up front even if you don't use it.Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by dtmf; 05/19/14 10:38 PM.

Russ runs a local service and private tech center.

[Linked Image from sundance-communications.com][/url]
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Correct. You could have an APSS, I could have the APSS as well as the ACIS. YOU could hold the ACSS as well (maintenance credential).

No, you do not need to pay for support up front. IPOSS allows you to purchase Software support, with or without Advanced Parts Replacement. That can be delivered Wholesale or co-delivery. This is where the ACSS comes into play. If you have ACSS, you can sell codelivery support, which is cheaper, that you can add to your margin, or pass the savings along to customer.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Touch Tone Tommy), 150 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024