web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#571990 05/20/14 04:54 PM
pfonman Offline OP
OP Offline
Trying to program an sl1100 with a PC but it looks like I can't
just plug in a CAT5 cable direct & connect. Is this impossible, or is there another program besides PC PRO that can be used to connect directly to the KSU. I could do that with the DSX,with a USB cable, but the SL1100 don't have a USB. I wonder what the engineers were thinking.!!?
pfonman TOM

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

The SL1100 only connects via LAN just like the SV8100. You could try to connect with a web browser to the default address of 192.168.0.10. In theory a direct connect via a LAN cable should work but have you tried a reversing cable??

Regards,

Paul W
Now back to a 0 day week. Love these 7 day weekends.
You should be able to connect with PC Pro software or Web Pro via IP address of the phone system - you may have to static your PC to the IP range of the phone system in order to connect directly - Menu 96 on any display phone will allow you to see the IP address of the phone system.

www.highspeedtele.com
Dallas & Fort Worth, TX
The system has an AUTO-MDIX Ethernet port, so you can connect directly to it with the PC. Log in via PC Pro or Web browser. I just put one in last week - I like to use Web Pro for programming - PC Pro to do backups. Make sure you know what IP address the SL is on.

pfonman Offline OP
OP Offline
Not having much luck loging in to tha SL1100 with PCPRO. I have tried all suggestions but can't get in. Not much help from NEC, they don't give much help as far as connecting & logging in to the SL1100. I tried a crossover cable, tried plugging the KSU, & the laptop into separate ports on the same network, tried changing the IP add. but no luck. I know it's very easy when you know how, but I'm lost until I get to the easy stage. any help or links to help will be appreciated.
pfonman.

After you changed the IP, did you power cycle the system? The new IP won't take until you do. Do you have the version 4 of PC Pro? if not, you may not be able to access a system with newer software. Can you ping the IP of the phone system? If so, what is the error you are getting when logging in? If it is password related, you may have to reinitialize the system if the customer doesn't have the current password.

www.highspeedtele.com
Dallas & Fort Worth, TX
you are using SL1100 PC pro and not SV8100 PC Pro?

pfonman Offline OP
OP Offline
OK U guys .gave me some things to check. I did not realize all of these sUggestions.
Thanks
OH BTW THIS IS A NEW SYSTEM, so reinitializing doesn't matterI will do it

Last edited by pfonman; 05/21/14 08:08 PM.
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Moderator-Mitel, NEC, Vodavi
Try just using webpro. If you can ping the address you should be good.

If you have connected this system to a local network that uses DHCP, it will have grabbed an address off that network. Even if you disconnect from the network and power cycle - the system will stay on the last IP it had. I just set one up at my shop - then took it to the job site and installed. I was surprised that even after a couple of reboots - it stayed on the IP it had used at my shop - rather than returning to default.

You need to first figure out what IP this thing is on. Access programming from one of the phones (page 1-2 in the SL1000 programming manual will tell you how to do that) and check program 10-12-01. That will show you the current IP. Then, assuming your PC is on the same network - you should be able to enter the phone system IP in your browser address bar and - you're in.

FYI - I use IE for the browser. I've found that WebPro won't let you do certain things if you use Chrome. Haven't tried any others......

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,718 CTX100 install
186,811 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Professor Shadow, ronaldjamesh, justbill), 67 guests, and 435 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024