web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#574327 07/08/14 10:40 AM
OP Offline
good day people can someone help me the problem with this unit it has two lines one main and the other is suppose to ring if one is busy that line is not coming out of the unit or ringing to the phones the main line goes in and out - the service provider came and checked and there i a dial tone coming in what do i do from here? do i reset the unit from the memory at the ram? or do i reset it from the phones and reprogram them? is a programming issues stop the line from ringing to other phones?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
The first thing I would do is make sure both lines are connected to the telephone system. Dial 701 and you will pick up line 1.702 will get you line 2 and so on. If that works fine and you get dial tone on both lines then you probably just need to do some programming.Are you familiar with programming?Do you have the password to get into programming?

OP Offline
im getting a dial tone on 701 no dial tone on 702 its registering as fax the soft keys underneath say new retry and save -i know a little about programming from what i have read-no i dont the prior tech was a long time ago unreachable it seems to be a 3 digit code can it be reset?

Last edited by kim forbes; 07/08/14 12:41 PM.
OP Offline
at the patch down cable leading into the unit i tested this second line and there is a dial tone on the line but non at the station unit when u dial 702

pvj Offline
Is it punched down in the correct spot on the punch down panel?

If that's not the problem try connecting it to where 703 or 704 would connect and retest.You could have a bad CO port.
I see you also have the same topic in the general forum you may be better off in the future to post in one spot.I would suggest here in the Samsung forum as it will probably get more views from people who can help

OP Offline
thank you for the info as to where to post and why -that line is patch down all the way to the bottom where the patch cables run from i was thinking that was not suppose to be there its not at the stations or at where the extentions should be

OP Offline
any other ideas all lines seem to be puch down properly

OP Offline
would my problem have anything to do with the slot cards in the system

pvj Offline
What wire pairs are the 2 lines connected to?Line 1 must be right and connected to the white/blue pair.Where is line 2 connected?

on the KSU P1 connection line 1 blue pair and line 2 orange pair.

We've got you by the Calls!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Professor Shadow, Curlycord, dans, Toner), 94 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024