web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#574339 07/08/14 12:48 PM
JTodd Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello all, I had a customer call to tell me their entire STS system was down first thing Monday Morning. I went into their office and at STA 100 the first thing I seen on the display was "Okay Sync" message and thats all. Their paging system which is connected to the STS was clicking. I took a voltage measurement of the battery inside and checked that I had a back up of the system prior to resetting the system. This got the phones out of the "OK Sync" message but once it did, they started freaking out. I would get handsfree calls from various stations, constant key tones through the speakers and CO lines would sound like pulse dialing. All the phones throughout the office were doing this by themselves. I Defaulted the system and still had the same issue. I removed all cards and put them in one by one, checking the slot config as I did. With the VM card, DTIB and LCOB with CIDU out the system will work but once I put any of those 3 in it will freak out. I have other customers with STS systems and would like to know if anyone else has come across this issue and what it may be. My customer with the issue is willing to upgrade their system since they have had it for a long time and are a little freaked out about how it was acting. Any input is appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
It is a power supply issue. I think it is the -5 volts out of tolerance. I have had this happen two or three times with STSs and KSU replacement is the only fix.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
JTodd Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Derrick that is Good to know. I was wondering if it was a motherboard issue or if it was something with the power since I was able to boot it up and get it functioning without all the cards installed. Glad its working just enough for them to recieve calls and call out and that they are willing to replace it.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 77 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024