Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#574458 07/10/14 05:19 PM
T4RJon Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm more of a Cisco Voice guy these days, and haven't been in the PBX world in over 5 years. We have a customer that is running an ESI-200 hybrid system and has a mix of TDM and IP phones. We cut them over to a new internet service and since then, the IP phone we are testing with is coming up as X159 remotely, but in the office it shows it comes up as X108, which is how it is configured.

After testing it in the office, I brought it back to my house, and still has the same problem.

Its as if its grabbing another extensions config when coming in from the outside. I would think that it wouldn't matter as the MAC address is obviously not changing.

I also have had problems finding the correct system programmer for this system. the ones I've downloaded from ESI do not give me the full configuration options that the customer has.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!!

T4RJon

Technical Consultant (Cisco)

CCNA Voice Certified
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I will try and help you. First off, are you working with a 48 or 60 button IP telephone?

Second, in the extension programming, you MUST change the phone type to either local IP if the phone is connected to the same subnet as the IVC module or Remote IP if the phone is operating off a remote network that is not part of the same network as the 200's IVC module.

Third, if you are dealing with a 48 button IP, you can get all the programming to the phone by connecting it to the same network the IVC is connected. When the phone is a remote, you may need to find an XP system and DL from ESI the remote phone programmer.

Fourth, if these are 60 button IP phones, you can program these by holding the programming button while the phone is booting up. A menu will appear and that is were you enter in the appropriate values.

If you are a certified ESI technician, you have access to the latest Comm Server programmer. If not, I suggest you contact a certified dealer in your area and they will gladly resolve your problem.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
I've had this happen before and it's always related to the remote phone having the wrong UDP port programmed, sending traffic to the wrong IVC card, almost certainly.

Brian Dunne
ETC Telecom
www.etctele.com
T4RJon Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the help, guys. It's a 48 button IP Phone.

We suggested the customer contact the ESI dealer, but did offer to handle as best we could. The customer chose us....

I'll try these suggestions today.

T4RJon

Technical Consultant (Cisco)

CCNA Voice Certified
One other thing to try. Reboot the KSU. When making UDP and IP address changes to the ESI system, sometimes it needs a reboot to make all the changes load together.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,282
Posts638,761
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,433 Shoretel
188,227 CTX100 install
187,072 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 6
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (EV607797, Toner), 81 guests, and 113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024