web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I have to maintain a NEC 2400 IMG at the University I work for( in Southeast Iowa ). It runs 2002 software D1.4 ( dates from 1986 I think ). I would like to find some backup software to buy for this. ( As you might suppose ).

Can anyone refer me to where to find this? I believe that 3002
will also fit this machine, without any chipset changes.

Yup, I know we should probably upgrade, but right now the budget won't allow for it. So trying to make do as best we can..

Thanks,

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

doctorphil - You should be able to use the command BKUP or BKUPI, I'm not sure which because it depends on whether you have an IMG or an IMGx. You should already be using the MAT software to make changes to the system. These commands are available through MAT.

If you are not using MAT software, your going to be hard pressed to find it anywhere.

OP Offline
dear nec-guru,

Sorry, I wasn't clear in the post. I *do* back up the
switch every week, using the MAT software command DMBU.

What I was looking for was the 2 cards that constitute the
"software" ( i.e. the CP-09 and ME-11 cards ). If the installed
ones ever go south, I wanted a set to replace them...
I just didn't know where to inquire, or look!

Thanks,

Sorry but the software is copyright and you buy a right to use only. So you can't legally buy a second hand card set and use it as you don't have the right to use that software. Also it may not have the feature set that you want (although software this old is probably not bundled). That said, there are many second hand dealers, your biggest problem would be finding someone who hasn't scrapped all the stock of this product as it is pushing 30 - 35 years old. Any spares will be hard to find, especially Dterm handsets.

If you are interested in some advice on how to refurbish the old Dterms, I can help because until recently some major hospitals where I live were still running equipment this old and I had to keep them running. Fortunately no more!

OP Offline
R4+Z,

Thanks. We use only 8 DTerms(Series II), and the biggest problem I have with them is the carbon-impregnated buttons on the DTMF pad not contacting any more...If you have advice here I'll be
grateful.

Isopropyl alcohol also sold in chemists as rubbing alcohol. you have to dismantle the phone then clean both the PCB where the buttons press on to and clean the black dots of the rubber keypad then re-assemble. Usually lasts about a year before it needs re-doing.

The science behind it is that when they manufacture the rubber bits, not all the carbon is stable and free carbon atoms migrate to the surface where they become highly resistive. The Isopropyl alcohol cleans the free carbon away exposing the conductive surface!

Methylated spirits are great for actually cleaning the cases of the handsets but try and stay away from the displays as it can turn the clear plastic slightly milky but it does take off ink. However if someone has used permanent marker on the phone, the best trick in my experience is go over it with whiteboard marker then immediately clean it off again (this may take a few goes).

That software version is in the form of ROM chips in sockets on the CPU. You may find some refurbishing companies that still have some of those cards. (forerunner). They are not licensed in the older system.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Curlycord, Yoda, Toner), 143 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024