web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#571679 05/13/14 04:26 PM
OP Offline
With a ip office in basic mode, AA answers all calls, I want to have the extension that certain calls are routed to only give an announcement, no message taking. I don't see where this is an option? Can it be done?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
If the voicemail is in IP Office mode, record the greeting as a continuous loop (option 4 when when listening/changing/saving your greeting)

Intuity mode, that is not an option.

Perhaps use an auto attendant instead, with no selector codes defined? You can get calls there with a shortcode that fits within your dial plan, so it looks like a regular extension.

OP Offline
The continuous loop sounds like the best option. Thanks

I am trying to do the same thing. I am programming a national install job and they require the IPO VM to be in Intuity Mode. I have the AA-1 set up to go to AA-2 (directions to office) when "3" is pressed. However, I get a time profile error when I go to apply the settings. AA-1 and AA-2 overlap as AA-2 plays 24/7 and AA-1 has day and night greetings. Will this be an issue?

I would rather set it up to go to a voice mail box that loops, but apparently that is not possible on the Intuity Mode?

Thanks for any help!

Is there really a purpose to Day and Night greetings? Can you just use the Menu Options recording 24/7?

I could probably get by with just the one day greeting....the issue is the "directions" mailbox that is requested. Essentially I need an announcement only mailbox to route callers to when they press "3" from the auto attendant. I see how to do this in IPO Mode voicemail, as referenced above, but not in Intuity Mode.

So, currently I have two auto attendants set up, the main AA and then the second AA which is being used to route callers to when they press 3. But I am getting the error when I go to apply it as the two AA time profiles overlap. The issue seems to be that I have two AA with the same time profiles, AA1 and AA2 as they both need to operate at the same time and function together. I can change the day and night greetings (or delete the night greeting) and I get the same error.

I would rather route them to a phantom mailbox where the directions could be recorded to as the greeting, but I cannot see where to turn off the ability to leave messages.

Perhaps I am missing something or am going about the programming the wrong way? This is Basic Edition and cannot be upgraded to Essential either...

I am not programming the system live, just doing pre-progaming, if that makes a difference. But this is supposed to go in on Monday.

Thanks again!

Last edited by tampasteve; 07/24/14 05:58 PM.
So, I did the install. Funny enough, the customer did not even want the separate night greeting or the directions box. Never the less, I did end up getting it to work by doing the following:

1: Set up AA1 to run in day profile 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
2: Record Out Of Hours Greeting as the "night" greeting. This greeting will play whenever there is no other time profile slotted.
3: Record AA2 (directions AA) and set for 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Curlycord, Yoda, Toner), 143 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024