web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
usbuild Offline OP
OP Offline
I came to the site to do a simple task: Switch extension 301 with extension 322.
I had to move handsets too because 301 is super display and 322 is 22b, than i swapped ports with System administrator and was ready to go.
One problem, after the swap headset microphone at extension 301 stopped working.
First i checked all wiring, than swapped headsets, than handsets, than did station reset... none of it worked.
turned off headset and found that handset microphone doesnt work too. Never seen anything like that before.
But if I swap ports back everything is working just fine.

Any other extension assigned to that wall outlet will work except extension 301.

As a temporary solution I had to create new extension 333, copied setting from 301 to 333, swapped ports and it works.
I could also find these pairs at 66 block and swap them to make it work.

Last edited by usbuild; 07/24/14 02:18 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I've run into strange issues when trying to do port swaps through system admin - I'll only swap cross-connects anymore - fewer headaches!!

www.highspeedtele.com
Dallas & Fort Worth, TX
I also would swap the crosses and make future service easier.

usbuild Offline OP
OP Offline
I used Tools->Swap ports hundreds of times, never had any issues with handsets, only ones few years ago with DSS unit.
This system was installed 4 month ago and only few handsets still on original ports.
[img]https://wirerun.shutterfly.com/pictures/62[/img]

I agree it's more bizarre than some of the issues I've run into - but according to your troubleshooting, it seems to be the cause.

www.highspeedtele.com
Dallas & Fort Worth, TX
I use Swap all the time. I don't go on site unless needed.
I want to make money and not roll.

usbuild Offline OP
OP Offline
Oh, can you imaging doing remote swap like I did yesterday and five minutes later get a call telling you that microphone stopped working because you swapped station ports... I did it myself and still cant find reasonable explanation for what could be causing such weird behavior.

I do have remote access to every phone system I've ever installed (just in case i cant get there in timely manner), but still prefer to make changes on site, to make sure everything works and also use a visit as an opportunity to sell accessories, additional handsets, talk about future upgrade, etc.
Ones I sold a phone system to a new tenant in the building, because they saw my "Phone Guy" t-shirt and truck parked outside, otherwise this sale would never happened.

I do 1100 and panasonic and have gone mostly to IP phones.

They are looking at Hosted, with IP phones there is nothing to do except move the phone to where you want. If there is a problem upgrade switches and routers.

I keep contact with e mail and phone, and sms.

To each his own. as long as it works.

Last edited by brokeda; 07/25/14 04:39 PM.
usbuild Offline OP
OP Offline
System Reset solved an issue.
Ran into exact same problem, but different client.
Added 12 new handsets to dsx-160. Swapped 8 extensions, 3 of them start malfunctioning.
I wonder if taking station card out of service for few seconds, instead of system reset, would help.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,738
Members49,763
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,284 Shoretel
188,167 CTX100 install
187,014 1a2 system
Newest Members
gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial, BPopilek
49,762 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 14
teleco 4
jc2it 4
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (wk6100), 70 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024