web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#575456 08/06/14 02:36 PM
OP Offline
i have 2 pri on a system and i want to convert 8 1fl's to ldn into the megalink,will this give me the option to have that line appear at several extension's
i don't want these to be did's i need them to be able to put that line on hold and pick it up from another set

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Admin
Admin
Not sure which Nortel you have so I'll go out on a limb and guess it's an MICS. Leave them as 1FLs and put them on 2 4 port CLID cards. You may have to add an 0X8 module and card to make this happen though.

[Linked Image]
Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
Sorry - I am not sure what you are meaning by 1fl's.

I will guess at something - if wrong just ignore this.

You have a group of people that all need to answer one DID number on a PRI. But you want to put a call on hold and have another phone pick it up. Then use the SWCA (System Wide Call Appearance). That turns a PRI Target line into a Combo of Park and Hold.
Put Target line xxx to show on all phones (any number of appearances as you need). Then make a number of SWCA buttons. They will be labeled Call 1, Call 2 - etc...
Call rings in on DID Number, all phones ring. First one grabs line and it is for Sally. Push Call 1 button.
Now you can Page, Yell, Intercom, or Voice Call. Sally you have a call on Park 1 (or whatever you want to call it).

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
OP Offline
that's awesome yes in better term i wanted the did to appear at all sets sorry (1fl's)here in the north is a business pots line telco call's it a 1 fl.
i always wondered what swca did never had to use it,will come in handy,cause i have 8 pots lines at $70 per month that i will convert them in my pri
Thanks guy's

Admin
Admin
Been a while since I did a MICS PRI...forgot about SWCA. Doohh!

[Linked Image]

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024