web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
surdel Offline OP
OP Offline
I have done lots of muli line analog phones but not to many digital phones. In this picture if a bix termination to a panasonic phone pbx. bix termination to panasonic
[img:center]
[/img]

I verified that bix waffer # 3 binder post #6 under V-08 goes to the station. Now, The last waffer has some lettering DHLC-4. What does this mean? Is this a panasonic term meaning "this pairs goes to pbx? I terminated with a 568a spec on the cat5 jack.
So, 1=whitegreen/green 2=green 3=white/orange 4=blue 5=whiteblue/orange 6=orange 7=whiteblrow/brown 8=brown

I have added analog phones and I think digital phone using the pair 4-5 for line one and 3-6 for line two.

In this case, It did not work on the pansonic phone. Tried using the white/blue pairs on jack termination 4-5 and white/blue at the patch panel. Phone still did not power up.

So, what am I doing wrong? Do panasonic PBX lines differ then analong phone lines in termiation number on a cat568a jack?

Will a but set blink if it is hooked to the correct station wire when called by another phone?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If phone jack is cat5 B. put digital pair on green pair. Cat5 A orange pair.
You need to figure out the type of port.
If card is DLC then only digital pair present.
If DHLC then digital and analog present, need both pair unless XDP is turned ON.

Analog port goes to wht/blue. of cat 5 B.

Read Manual. Just look at cut downs.

Last edited by brokeda; 08/11/14 12:34 AM.
Admin
Admin
Originally Posted by surdel
I have done lots of muli line analog phones but not to many digital phones. In this picture if a bix termination to a panasonic phone pbx. bix termination to panasonic
[img:center]
[/img]

I verified that bix waffer # 3 binder post #6 under V-08 goes to the station. Now, The last waffer has some lettering DHLC-4. What does this mean? Is this a panasonic term meaning "this pairs goes to pbx? I terminated with a 568a spec on the cat5 jack.
So, 1=whitegreen/green 2=green 3=white/orange 4=blue 5=whiteblue/orange 6=orange 7=whiteblrow/brown 8=brown

I have added analog phones and I think digital phone using the pair 4-5 for line one and 3-6 for line two.

No, Panasonic digital phones use the DATA pair and Pana hybrids use both the voice and data pairs. SLT's use the voice pair. Our DHLC's are modular so you translate pins 2&5 to 2&5 of the 4pin or 3&6 of an 8-pin jack.

Carl

Just as Brokedea put it, if you are using Cat5, use pair 1 (bluewhite/blue) and pair 3 (GreeWhite/Green). The bluewhite/blue is the voice and the greenwhite/green is the data for display.

The PIN number on the jack will depend on the type of jack you are using.

Anything not clear, get back and i will make it much clearer

surdel Offline OP
OP Offline
Guys,

Thanks a huge bunch. I figured it out. Working with a panasonic TDA30 hybred IPPBX. All the signaling travels on one pair of wires. What caused me some inital grief and confusion, was that the middle pair of wires aka 4-5 pair, would not bring up the phone. I decided to try pairs 3-6 which did bring up the phone. Now the questio is why? That is typically line two. Any ideas?

Now, I also terminated to the binder post on the IBDN bix punch down both the new office and break room. The idea is, once the office was occupied, the phone can be unplugged from the break room and plugged into the office jack.

This did not work. So if some one can correct me, does the bix punch down NOt allow two pairs to be terminated per side?

Thanks

Last edited by surdel; 08/13/14 12:42 AM.
Admin
Admin
IIRC, the DHLC-4 card fits into two classes of systems, one of them being the TDA-30/50/TAW-824 and the other being an NCP. In our versions, there are 4 "RJ-14" jacks on the base cabinet for the DHLC. The "data" or digital (D1D2) pair carries the information for a digital phone. When we make modular cords, we take the White/Blue pair to pins 4/3 and the Orange pair to 2/5.
I can't see the color code under the BIX tabs, but in a P2808 cable, that's how they are wired, using two pairs per jack for 10 stations and 1 pair for jack for pairs 21-24. If I were wiring by hand, that's how I would mimic the cable.

One of the reasons I'm not fond of terminating PBX cables on 110 blocks LOL

Carl "66 forever" Navarro

In our 110 insulation displacement tool, similar to your BIX, we have two blades: a looping blade and a cutting blade. YOU CAN NEVER PUNCH DOWN TWO CABLES IN AN INSULATION DISPLACEMENT slot. They won't stay seated. That's what your looping blade is for.

If your going to do Panasonic you seriously need to Read the Manuals.

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,113 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (KRRath, Curlycord, BPopilek), 68 guests, and 424 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024