web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello,

Does anyone out there have any experience or insight into how Panasonic phones might work with with the Magic Jack product? We have 4 phone lines, obviously it would require 4 magic jacks. Would this even work? I know Internet connectivity is required, so that means if the internet service goes down, so does the phones. Chime in anyone.

Thanks
Mike

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I have tested Magicjack on the KX-TDA50 System and it works fine. I have not used it in a work inviroment but from a testing stand point. If I go in and setup a system at a new business and there are no CO Lines available, this is what I use to test the systems I install tomake sure everything is good so when the Telco comes in and sets the CO Lines all I have to do is plug in and go.

kkell11400

Admin
Admin
I'll try to be as subtle as I can.

I have two tin cans and a string that I use to talk to the kid across the back yard. Will it work?

My office box, a TAW-848 has a POTS line, an 8x8 (nee Packet 8), an Ooma box (still completely free) and a Verizon Wireless Home Connect box as the 4 lines on my system. They all work and I have free long distance on every one but the POTS line.

The ONLY time I installed TWO Magic Jack Plus lines on the same account was in a hospitality environment where he created a dial 8 guest long distance group for calling out. They didn't play very nicely together, so I'm thinking that FOUR of them would play worse.

Carl

I have one Magic Jack Plus installed with 4 POTS lines at my office on KX-TA624. It works. Also have a customer with 2 POTS lines and a Magic Jack Plus on a KX-TA824. As for the additional lines via multiple MJ+ - you probably would be more concerned with the network traffic and QOS settings to make sure the voice traffic has priority. Each of the Magic Jacks will of course get a bit more complex for the traffic on the wan side and band width.

I had MJ a while ago but the voice quality sucks. I run 2 free ooma lines, cable voip line, a google voice and a callcentric line all play nice with my TDA-50. I don't use more than 2 line simulantanously but rarely have call issues and if I do, 9/10 its the internet. I would avoid MJ and look elsewhere for VOIP!

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,799 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 163 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024