Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
After re-reading the original post, just a couple of side notes...

There are adapters available that can allow you to add MOH to non-central controlled telephones.

The at&t SYN248 is a hybrid that can utilize VoIP and POTS.

Since 2000, consumer and small business telephone equipment sporting the at&t logo has been produced by VTech.

I Love FEATURE 00
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

For ease of use and self installation, if you want, I'd look into the XBlue X16. Has everything you're looking for.

Personally I'd still get it professionally installed, but self install is an option. Very user friendly little system.

Retired phone dude
pctutor Offline OP
OP Offline
I've seen that system, but I was worried about the quality. It LOOKS like its made from legos. But looks can be deceiving. Is this a decent system?

I've got several in and working for years, did have one KSU get hit by lightning, even with the protection on it, it blew. Not much you can do about that. There's a couple others on the board who've put them in also. I'm just up front with the customers about the limitations of the system, but in my opinion it's a good small business system.

Retired phone dude
pctutor Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok. It goes back on the list. Thanks!

pctutor Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by upstateny
Check what vendors are in your area and have them give you quotes and then make your selection based on the vendor first and system second.

The closest vendor I could find was over 4 hours away, and he wasn't too enthusiastic about helping me out given that he clearly wasn't going to make that drive and get the install job. Not saying there aren't others closer, but if they are out there, even he was unaware of them.

I am down to the XBlue X16 and the Transtel Lynx II. Both will do more than I need. On an aesthetic level, the Transtel simply looks more professional, but beyond that, both seem to be about equal.

If anyone has any just reason or cause why these two should not be installed, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
XBlueNetworks.com has some how-to videos if you need to install it yourself.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

I service digital systems out there that are 15-20 years old. They work, customers like them and for many small customers does the trick. Also, many of the digital/hybrid systems nowadays have the same features of a voip system (ie: SIP trunking, email notification) True, there are applications for voip out there, but its not the only game in town.

St Petersburg
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I would consider X-Blue's X-50 system which is just about everything you could need in a small phone system investment. Yes, it is a VoIP system, but it is amazingly simple to purchase and install. As long as you keep it simple, you should be OK with doing it yourself.

It does work with SIP trunking as well, so at least the investment will be protected in the even that your company ever decides to walk down that road.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,299
Posts638,873
Members49,770
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,736 Shoretel
189,802 CTX100 install
187,938 1a2 system
Newest Members
Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D.
49,769 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 25
teleco 9
dans 6
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Andyreed), 112 guests, and 306 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024