web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
trish Offline OP
OP Offline
We have checked the T-1 settings on this system, it keeps going down. We had a vendor meet with both of their carriers. The carriers keep seeing errors from the switch. They advised the customer to replace the T-1 card, but before they do this, we would like to know if there is any other reason this could keep happening? The card and Security Pal are a bit pricing for the customer to purchase if this is not the reason. We would like a second opinion from the experts. Thanks guys.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Can you please complete your profile so we know who we are talking to?

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
trish Offline OP
OP Offline
I updated my profile. Does this help? Thanks

RCA Offline
Can you loop your T1 card? Do you know how to plug into the T1 card for diagnostic info? Have you looked at your error logs?

The phone company will always say its your pbx. Our job is to prove to them its their problem.

Rhett
trish Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks RCA. Amen, to the phone companies. We fight with them all the time and the customer is in the middle. However, we received new info after I posted this, they went down this morning and found out they had a CSU loop, which is in the T-1 Card. It is looping by itself. We just want to be sure it more than likely is a bad T-1 card before we suggest to them to purchase it. We don't believe in selling equipment to the customers unnecessarily.

I would make certain that the customer is not loopin it via the programming interface. When it is looped, how do you clear it; resetting the card? Are you 100% sure that there isnt another CSU in front of the card?

ShoreTel, Inter-Tel, Mitel, NEC, Zeacom, Cisco, Digium, Adtran Certified
http://www.voipnetworkengineering.blogspot.com
trish Offline OP
OP Offline
It seems to be resetting itself, as we get e-mails they are down and then a little while later they e-mail us back that it is back up and we have not been there. I will ask my tech when I can reach him about your other quesions.

or systen that ainter telaxxess also keep reboot and alot of cs about 150 a day had vendor look at it but they keep pointing finger a teleco and telco say the t is clean we have 7 t1 and they are taking same cs error count which make me think it's the system

ronald
What do the error logs say?
Have you run a self test on the T-1 card?

it's happening on 7 t1's on different cards .would all t1's take errors if one card is badand the same cs error rate? how do you do a self test on card?

ronald

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, Toner), 102 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024