web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Background: We have a PRI coming to our main office and then the UX500's are connected via VoIP. Our calls are answered by the main office and then put on a PARK or Transferred to the extension the person needs to reach if needed. Right now the caller is sent to a mailbox saying our company name and to press the 3-digit extension then it rings a Virtual Extension on all the main office phones.

What we are trying to accomplish is that both systems will ring if an incoming call comes in. Is something like this possible?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

How are you networked? If Cygnilink then yes.

You should be able to do this if you are networked with either CygniLink or Aspirenet.

I have the DID on the PRI point to a virtual extension - then program that virtual on all the phones I want ringing on that incoming call.

Works great.

OP Offline
We are running Aspirenet. I tried to get the VE's working but on our remote system still doesn't ring.

My next issue is caller ID displaying C.V.M instead of the outside caller at our remote site.

Last edited by Jordan Roth; 10/29/14 02:12 PM.
OP Offline
I tested this by having 24-06 Fixed Call Forwarding Ring both (VE in Main office, and VE in Remote Office)- but it does not go to Voicemail if no one answers the call.

OP Offline
Not sure if this is a workaround or if this is the way to do it but I setup a VE for the main office and a VE for the remote office and did call forward ring both - they both ring but I lose my caller id.

I'm guessing that the reason this doesn't work with the one VE for both sites might be if the VE number at the main site is not in the same number range as the actual extension numbers. For instance - if the ext. numbers at the main site are 3xx, and you use a virtual of 6xx, you would have to program the 6xx numbers at the remote site as "networking system"

As long as the remote site can see that virtual number as a networked number - you should be able to make it ring on phones at the remote site. I think the CID should be there too, but I can't say for sure.....

You won't be able to get the call to go to VM if the virtual is set to CF both ring -

Hope that helps a bit.

OP Offline
Toolie,

I have a 6xx VE setup in the main office - I can call from the remote site and the VE buttons ring in the main office but if I call the 650 from the main office the remote offices do not ring. Anything I can be missing?

On Aspirenet - you have to then make sure that the 6xx numbers are set up as Networking System in program 11-01 on the remote system. By default, they would be set up as Extension in that program.

OP Offline
Correct; that is how I have it configured. Where the incoming calls come in (Main Office) 11-01 6x is is setup as an extension. On the remote system I have 11-01 6x setup as a Networking System.

To test - I dial 650 (VE) and it will ring the main office VE's function buttons but will NOT ring the remote office. I have the 15-08 setup for those function buttons.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,851
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,659 Shoretel
189,555 CTX100 install
187,829 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
jsaad 3
Who's Online Now
3 members (Carl Navarro, hitechcomm, Professor Shadow), 136 guests, and 290 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024