web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Clara Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello all.

I am the "church lady" and know really nothing about phone systems. We have the Adix vs and phone model IX-12KTD-2.

The outside calls are going straight to voicemail.

We have 2 of the 12KTD phones, one I use and one in another office - it is the one that has the night button on it.

The night button is not lit up. The phone with the night button does not give a normal dial tone, but you can call out on it.

I tried to set the night feature and the night button did not light up. I tried it twice and the key would not light so I don't think it is the reason calls are going to voicemail

I went to the main box and turned the power off for 5 minutes and back on and it still sends call to voicemail without ringing.

I did not see an "auto" key for auto attendant on either of the phones.

There are no lights lit up on my phone or the one with the night button, aside from a message indicator for one of the extensions.

I am not at all knowledgable about phones like this and aside from what I have done, have no idea where to begin.

Any advice?

Many thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
The first thing to ask is the time and date correct on your phone display? If it is way off, both time and date, your system may have defaulted and will need to be reprogrammed by your vendor.

If time and date is correct within a few minutes, try setting the NIGHT mode at the main phone this way- press the SPEAKER button so you hear the inside dial tone, then press the NIGHT button. If you hear 3 beeps, your change has been accepted. Press the SPEAKER button again and do a test call to see if it still rings directly to voice mail. (You change back and forth in NIGHT mode the same way- 3 beeps means you're on the right track.)

If changing the night mode doesn't change anything for you, you'll need to call your vendor in to see why calls aren't ringing in properly.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
Clara Offline OP
OP Offline
JBean,

I could not get night mode to set on the main phone with the night mode button.

I moved the phone with the night mode and plugged it in at my desk.

It will not give a normal dial tone when attempting to make an outside call.

However, I was able to set the night mode while it was plugged in at my desk (it would not register at the phone's normal place where it is plugged in).

With the night mode light lit up, I can hear incoming calls.

With the night mode button off (no red light) I cannot hear incoming calls. They go straight to voicemail.
Isn't that backwards?

Do you suppose the problem is with the actual phone itself rather than wiring or a setting somewhere?

My phone, when plugged in to the wall outlet where the night phone normally is, will give a normal dial tone there. But the night phone one will not.

Thanks much for your assistance. This phone set up far exceeds our needs in a 2 person office!

Clara Offline OP
OP Offline
ok, so it seems like the speaker will not play a dial tone on the night mode phone, but when you pick up the receiver you get a dial tone.

if we were to buy a new phone body, will it come with the night mode stuff set up, or will we have to have a phone programmer do that? Or do we need the night mode feature for something.

All we do with our phones is either answer the calls or they go to voicemail if they are not picked up in time. We don't set the night mode feature to do anything special at night time.

We are contemplating just getting a basic 2 line phone with rollover capability and ditching this one. It seems to take up hours and hours of time about every 3 months when something goes amiss.

All we need is two incoming lines and two voicemails, one for me and one for the Reverend. We have a third line that is just a message line for prayers and we are thinking to just get a basic phone for that with its own vmail box.

Is there a used market for our phone equipment if we decide to simplify? The manual we have for Adix vs is dated 2000.

Many thanks.

Clara Offline OP
OP Offline
alright!

so the phone with night mode key labeled is definitely having some issues with the speakerphone button. Speaker doesn't work, and the night mode light does not come on.

On my phone, extension 208 is apparently also "night" mode.

As long as night mode is on, the phone will make a beeping noise rather than a normal ring, and I can answer it.

As soon as I turn night mode off, calls go straight to voicemail.

Any idea how to reverse this or does it require a service call?

Many thanks. This thing is wearing me out! At least we can get calls now!

Clara

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Clara,

My best advice is to get your vendor on site for some quick programming and training. With just a little bit of help from your vendor, all of your problems can probably be resolved quite easily.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
Your phone settings are programmed in the jack in the wall, not in the phone itself. Moving the phone to a different jack is what's causing the phone to misbehave - not the phone itself. JBean is correct. It's quite straight forward for a programmer to quickly make the adjustments you'd like.

"I'm the one that has to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life, the way I want to."
-- Jimi Hendrix

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, Toner), 102 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024