web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello,
Does anyone know, how difficult it would be to replace a transmitter in a WE doughnut phone? I am bidding on one now, and the seller claims, that you can call out, receive calls in, but the party on the other end, cant hear you. I am guessing, the worst, would be, it needs a transmitter. Ive heard that these phones don't handle being dropped to well, maybe that's what happened. Im not paying more than 8.50 for this phone. How available, and costly would a transmitter be?

Bob

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If it's touch tone it could be just dirty dial contacts. I've never messed with one of them, but I doubt the transmitter went bad.

Retired phone dude
OP Offline
Thanks,
If I win it, I will check the contacts thru-out the phone, and loose or disconnected wires, etc... Ive heard said, that when a donut phone is dropped, alot of times it will actually break the network board. But if that were the case, it probably wouldn't work at all. Its a strange, but neat looking phone tho! Bright yellow!

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
A quick test to see if the handset is bad would be to temporarily connect another handset to the handset cord and see if the problem clears. If it does, the handset is bad. If it doesn't there is an internal problem.

I Love FEATURE 00
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Electrically, the handset for that phone is the same as one for a 2500 or 2554 set, so I second the vote on trying that first. Yes, it is true that the early models had contacts in the dial pads, but later ones had electronic dials that didn't have any contacts to worry about. As for their being fragile, I've never heard that. The phone base used 100% standard parts, including the network, hook switch and ringer, along with a heavy base weight. There was nothing fragile about them.

Getting inside one of those handsets however, well that's another story.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX

Moderated by  Touch Tone Tommy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, Toner), 102 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024