Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
shrcp Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi all,

I've probably posted a similar problem, however more problem has arise since my last posting.

Here's the detail of my problem. I have a analog phone connected to a jack that is hot. There's a dial tone and able to call out. Unfortunately, this number is behind a PRI and mostly likely a DID.
I check the call routing table and find no match linking to the SLC card that maybe associated with the port. I also try calling all the extension assigned on the SLC card and still no luck. I am clueless on how I can figure out the number associated with this jack without calling a tech to trace the line back to the block. Is there another way of tracing the phone number or extension assign to this jack?

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

shrcp Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry, I forgot. The version I'm running is Verion 6.

Thanks.

Try going to the single line phone, press * then dial an extension with a display and see what it says. It will either give the extension number or will give the discreption of the port that it uses. Then look under Ststions and find the extension number and make sure that a DID is not assigned (one does not have to be, unless an outside call needs to ring directly to the single line device). i.e. It could be an outgoing fax line only.

Voice and Data Cabling in DFW, [email protected]
DnR Communications
shrcp Offline OP
OP Offline
DnRComm,

Thanks for replying. I was able to figure out the extension assign to that specific jack. You're right, there was not a DID assign to it and I believe it was use for a outgoing fax line.

However, I do have a question. How do I change that line to operate for incoming and outgoing fax? This is what I have done so far with programming. I assign a DID to it, so it can ring into that fax line.The phone is set to ring physically, but the phone will not ring a bell when I call in. I know its ringing into that line because it answer when I have the line pick up.

Also, can you explain this a little more. "make sure that a DID is not assigned" Where can I find this.

Are you referring to the Flags>DID/E&M Receive Busy instead of Camp on?

Thanks.

If I understand the question correctly- you can dial the internal extension number or the DID number and neither will "ring" the fax itself, but you can "answer" the call by picking up the receiver. If this is the case, go to System\Station-related info\flags\extended ring cadence and make sure this is enabled for this extension.

hope this helps

shrcp Offline OP
OP Offline
Tighe,

You're correct about my question. I check the flags you're referring to and extended ring cadence is enable for that extension.

Thanks for your help.

If after you've enabled extended ring cadence you still have no ringing. Try disconnecting the bell and plugging in a normal analog telephone to see if it will ring. If not, you likely have a bad ring generator on the SLC.

shrcp Offline OP
OP Offline
I plugged in a normal analog phone and it still does ring. Also, I don't think its a bad ring generator on the SLC because it rings on other port on SLC.

Thanks.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,634 Shoretel
189,520 CTX100 install
187,778 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 118 guests, and 340 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024