web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Inter-Tel 9.006
DB Studio 1.53
Keysets: Executive 550.4500

Disclaimer: I'm not a phone installation professional, but I've got several years maintaining an existing system as the IT Administrator. Most of the time I only learn about a feature when it needs to be fixed or modified.

I have a group of employees that will need to have access to 2 separate hunt groups simultaneously. I was looking for a way that they can see and answer calls from both hunt groups simultaneously without logging in/out every time. That sounds highly inefficient, not to mention quite annoying.

My thought was that I could do something with the programmable keys, similar to, say, how you can answer an incoming calls for multiple lines. Press button #1 to answer from hunt group A and press button #2 to answer from hunt group B. However, I can't come up with how I might do this for hunt groups.

It's possible this can't be done, but does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks.
--Mark

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Are you using ACD Agent IDs or are the endpoints members of the hunt groups?

What you want to do is simple, but each method is slightly different.

OP Offline
Each user is a member of a hunt group (or multiple hunt groups) and they login/logout of the hunt group as needed.

I have it that one of the programmable keys is 'login' and one is 'logout', which is a good step in the right direction, but they still then have to type in the hunt group number. I'd love to be able to let them login to each group with one button press.

--Mark

Last edited by melview1; 04/13/15 11:34 AM.
Login # # will log them into every hunt group at once.

OP Offline
Interesting. How would they choose which hunt group call to answer? In our case, calls from one of the hunt groups will take priority and should be answered first.

Assign that hunt group a higher priority. By default, hunt groups have a priority of zero. The higher the number assigned, the higher the priority, and those calls will be presented first.

OP Offline
I'll make those changes and do a little testing, but it sounds like exactly what I was looking for.

Great assistance as always DND.

OP Offline
What would the best way to let the member know which hunt group they are currently taking the call from? Does putting a hunt group on a programmable key give distinguishable LED modes to tell them they are on a call with hunt group A vs hunt group b?

A mildly related question: If I put a particular hunt group on a programmable key, it always shows a lit LED and I know there's no calls in the queue. Other hunt groups do not show a lit LED unless there's a caller in the queue.

Last edited by melview1; 04/14/15 05:44 PM.
OP Offline
I think I answered both of my questions.

1. The LCD will state which queue the call is coming from

2. It appears to mean that there is nobody logged into the hunt group. Once I logged in, the LED went off.

Again, thanks for all of your help DND.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 89 guests, and 251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024