web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
New to programming ESI, very new, got 2 manuals online, tried to remove line 4 from dial 9 group, I think I was doing it??? Tried repeatedly.
Issue is I added a cordless phone to ext 116 and it rings on incoming calls but when you dial 9 it gives line 4, but there is no line 4.
Got it work or I though but that made all the digital phones also have to dial nine, no more pressing lines 1-3 allowed. Customer would not accept, so cordless is inbound only. I also tried starpping tip to ring on ESI CO line port 4 to send "signal" to grab line 3, but not working.
Please help.
Chris from Texas, Kemah that is, swimming pools and movie stars!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally Posted by Dataman4u
New to programming ESI, very new, got 2 manuals online, tried to remove line 4 from dial 9 group, I think I was doing it??? Tried repeatedly.
Issue is I added a cordless phone to ext 116 and it rings on incoming calls but when you dial 9 it gives line 4, but there is no line 4.
Got it work or I though but that made all the digital phones also have to dial nine, no more pressing lines 1-3 allowed. Customer would not accept, so cordless is inbound only. I also tried starpping tip to ring on ESI CO line port 4 to send "signal" to grab line 3, but not working.
Please help.
Chris from Texas, Kemah that is, swimming pools and movie stars!

Put lines 1-3 in line group 9 and give all extensions access to line group 9.

You should be able to press lines directly if you get them by dialing 9 so you definitely messed something up.

Just go back in and reprogram the lines the way you want them.

Are you trying to program this through the phone?

You should get a copy of ESI-Access. The current version is 2.14.14. It is much easier to program the system without destroying the database.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
OP Offline
I went back. I did it again. Afterward, I went back in to see it already programmed, 1 time it turned the 1st 3 lines into orange line 4 the inactive light remained off and another two times it appeared no new programming had been done and awaited my inputs to further advance. All the while the cordless phone ext 116 still gets line 4 when you dial 9, but there is no line 4.
I tried strapping the tip to ring to busy out line 4 but that does not work. I think the system is jacked and we are all wasting our time and I am very thankful for your responses.

Don't learn the tricks of the trade, learn the trade.
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally Posted by Dataman4u
I went back. I did it again. Afterward, I went back in to see it already programmed, 1 time it turned the 1st 3 lines into orange line 4 the inactive light remained off and another two times it appeared no new programming had been done and awaited my inputs to further advance. All the while the cordless phone ext 116 still gets line 4 when you dial 9, but there is no line 4.
I tried strapping the tip to ring to busy out line 4 but that does not work. I think the system is jacked and we are all wasting our time and I am very thankful for your responses.

Before i wrote it off i would spend a few bucks on a service call. You may find the system has no issues at all.

I know there are good ESI resellers in Houston. One of my customers has an office there and are very happy with the reseller. If you want the name I can get it.

Save yourself the cost of a new system and do as John wrote. The system may need defaulted and reprogrammed, or, as I initially suggested, just program changed with ESI-Access. The C Plus is a reliable system and, unless something has damaged the system, will work well for a long time.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,834
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,607 Shoretel
189,487 CTX100 install
187,684 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dexman 5
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 171 guests, and 330 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024