web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Admin
Admin
Very sad news Mike was a great person and a big help to the telecom industry. He always made donations to our meets when asked but never was able to attend. I would have loved to meant him but I'll have to wait till my day comes. RIP Mike

Merritt

Business Telephones & Equipment + Commercial Audio/Video Products
Commercial Communications . . . Turner, Maine
If it was built after 1980 don't expect it to work right.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Moderator-Comdial, ESI, Voicemail, Cisco
Has anyone here on the board organized anything for sending a wreath or other kind of honoring of Mike? I know we've done things like that in the past, and Mike was a part of this board whether he ever posted or not.

Justin

RIP Mike frown

I would be happy to contribute. Please let me know if anything has been arranged.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
For anyone who is not on the Mike Sandman email list, here is a link to an email that they sent out today:

https://www.sandman-telecom.com/vw/6X432T4UUZG42HMUB0I1

Vaya con Dios amigos!
Butch
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
text of the email Butch linked to :
Remembering Mike Sandman
--------------------

Hello,

As subscribers to Mike’s monthly tech tips, it’s with deep regret that I must inform you that Mike Sandman passed away on July 3rd in a plane crash near Bartlett Illinois.

Mike thoroughly enjoyed writing these tech tip emails and helping people troubleshoot difficult to solve phone and network problems. He was unquestionably one of the most knowledgeable phone men out there.

Mike also enjoyed learning from you all through your responses and comments in reply to his tech tips. When he first started this newsletter he was amazed by the positive response and encouraged by your continued support.

I met Mike about 16 years ago when I interviewed for a computer programming job at Mike Sandman Enterprises. I was 19 with no work experience but he gave me a shot and I learned more from him in my first year there than I would have in 4 years of college. I later moved on to start my own programming company but have continued to work with Mike to help him maintain his software and websites, and send out these monthly emails.

Mike’s family, friends and employees are currently working to determine the future of the business, which will be closed for the time being pending the funeral service and to allow time for grieving. I’m hopeful that they will be able to resume business soon and have offered to help in any way I can.

In the meantime I’d encourage you all to visit (or revisit) the Telco Powered Products page at sandman.com. The page really personifies Mike – knowledgeable, creative and hilarious. Also be sure to review the telephone history page which is loaded with great content about the history of the telephone that you won’t find anywhere else.

As more develops with the business, we’ll be in touch. If you have any words of support or memories that you’d like to share with Mike’s family, friends and employees please feel free to reply to this email and I’ll make sure it reaches them.

Sincerely,

Chuck Hall
(on behalf of Mike Sandman Enterprises)

If you no longer wish to receive these messages you can click here to opt-out.

----------------------------------------------------------------

We have a fantastic assortment of Unique Telecom Products, Cable and Phone Line Testing and Installation Tools, and Training DVDs to help you use them.

New "Basic Installation 2" is a 3 DVD set, 6 hours that shows you how to build a frame.

Also check out our Telephony History Page which contains ads, catalogs and information from telephony related magazines from the first part of the last century:

https://www.sandman.com/telhist.html

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
I have been in the telecom business for 40+ years. This man has been a savior to all of us that new him. I loved it when he answered the phone and spoke with me. He had the kind heart to help me in times of need or able to direct me to those that could help. Mike you will be missed greatly and my heart is low today because of the news. You will be missed my friend. Thank you for all of those great stories and tech support. All the best from up the road to the north in Green Bay, WI.

Inter-tel Axxess, Mitel CS/HX5000, MiVoice Office CCS/CSM, VPU, EM, ATM4, A+, CTP+, NET+, OAISYS, Audicodes, Polycom, Spectralink, NEC Red, Samsung, Mitel Call Recording, Mitel MBG, MiVoice Office, Xarios. Mitel Phone Manager
I think anyone who has been in the industry for some years knew of Mike. I remember hearing from my college instructor, there's this guy in Chicago who you should know if you are getting into this business.

He was (is) always the source to find that weird solution. Bless his soul, he'll be missed.

Really sad to hear about this. It was like any tool that could make our jobs easier, if there wasn't one out there Mike designed it, got it manufactured and put it in that great catalog he had. The one he kept saying he was going to finish and reprint. I have so many tools and parts and pieces from Mike, and got so many if the right answers when I was in a jam and couldn't figure something out. Great customer service always. I hope they find a way to keep the business going. There are a lot of great guys working there. He will be missed, one of a kind Phone Guy. I guess we will all see him someday in that big comm room in the sky. Really a loss to our industry! Sending good thoughts and prayers to the family and co-workers. RIP Mike.

This is very upsetting news. Mike was an encyclopedia of knowledge. His business provided a treasure chest of tools and solutions when it came to unique or unusual applications. God Bless him.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Toner, curtonpond, Curlycord, Professor Shadow), 90 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024