Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Brian H Offline OP
OP Offline
I want to route calls to the general delivery mailbox when the caller doesn't dial any digits, but don't see any options for doing it.

On the 3000 is the general delivery mailbox the system voice mailbox?

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

As far as my knowledge allows, Yes these 2 mailboxes are the same. The system mail box is only accessable from ext. 20, or if you have changed the programming ext., it would need match that ext.

You must also turn in ON/OFF from that same extention. If using the Auto Attendant, and no buttons are selected, the message should be left in this (System) mailbox.

Hope this helps!

Kirk Herron
A mistake on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part.
CCSG, Inc.
www.ccsgweb.com
Brian H Offline OP
OP Offline
I did some testing. If you are using the Auto Attendant to answer after a delay(4 rings) and the caller doesn't dial any digits, the AA rings all the phones in the ring group(4 phones) and gets stuck in a loop. It never does go to a mailbox.

I guess I'll have to disable the Auto Attendant and try the system voice mailbox route.

The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence - Charles Bukowski
:idea: Try this.

Instead of using the system mailbox, use the group mail box. Turn off the "System Mailbox" using ext. 20.

1st - (Which I think you have already done) create Group #1 with all 4 extensions being a member.

2nd - Enable a Voice Mailbox for that group.

3rd - Record the General mailbox greeting for Group #1 Mailbox. ("Sorry, no one is able to take your call, please leave a message......)

4th - Under "Lines - Incoming Ringing" set "Day Incoming Ringing" to Group #1 for all lines you wish to include. Also set the "Day Call Answering" to "Auto Attendant"

5th - Go back to your Group, and set "Forward on No Answer" to 710

When a call comes in, the AA will answer, if no selection is made, the call is presented to group #1. If no answer is made, then the call is forwarded to the group #1 mailbox. The "Message Indicator" will light on all phones that are a member of this group"

You may want to play with the timers, under "System - User Timers" to get the number of rings set for the AA and the "Forward on No Answer". 4 Sec. is immediately, 15 sec. is approx 4 rings and 30 sec. is approx. 6-8 rings.

Hope this helps.

Kirk Herron
CCSG, Inc.
www.ccsgweb.com
Brian H Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks. It sounds like that should work.

I will give it a try tomorrow and let you know how it turns out.

Brian H,

CCSGINC appears to have set out the right path for your objective. The Inter-Tel 3000, formerly EncoreCX, does not have a "general mailbox", per se. Also, the "System Voicebox" is really just a digital answering machine function and should not be confused with the Automated Attendant feature and functionality of the system.

Good luck!

COMTEK Technologies, Inc.â„¢
Information Technologies Integratorsâ„¢
Celebrating 37+ Years Serving California & The Western United States!
(619) 266-1000 • (800) 525-7100

an interCONNECT-ITâ„¢ company
Brian H Offline OP
OP Offline
If you look at the link below, it lists a "General Delivery" mailbox, it just doesn't work like a normal one.

https://www.inter-tel.com/portal/pa...ials/brochures/INT3000_VoicemailCard.pdf

Brian,

The 3000 does have a General Mailbox. But as you stated above, it does not work like other systems General Mailbox.

As Dr. Dialtone stated above, it is more like an answering machine and is used WITHOUT the auto Attendant. If you prefer, you could turn off you AA, and set the System Mailbox to answer and store all incoming messages. But they really don't work together.

Kirk Herron
CCSG, Inc.
www.ccsgweb.com
Brian H and CCSGINC,

Perhaps this is a matter of semantics. However, I think it is important that all readers clearly understand the funtionality, and lack thereof, of the feature in question. I would not want someone to presume certain functionality based on a feature name and the traditional functionality associated with said name.

In my opinion, as I stated above, the Inter-Tel 3000 does not have a General Mailbox "per se". While the link Brian H posted does refer to a "General mailbox" (formerly named System Voicebox), the callers' access to, and the funtionality of, this feature is not equal to that which the telephony industry has come to accept as usual and customary when referring to a "General Mailbox".

Cutomarily, a general mailbox, depening on the system's database programming, can be accessed by an inbound caller (who's call is being processed by the system's Automated Attendant application) by dialing zero (assuming the operator is not available) or by lack of dialing and the system forwarding the caller, after dialing time out, to the general mailbox. However, in the Inter-Tel 3000, the feature which is now referred to as "General Mailbox" cannot be accessed by an incoming caller who's call is being processed by the system's Automated Attendant application. The only way an inbound caller can access the Inter-Tel 3000's "General Mailbox" is with this specific feature enabled and with the Automated Attendant disabled.

Just because the manufacturer decided to rename the feature to "General Mailbox", likely for marketing purposes, does not mean it operates in the way the industry has come to accept and expect of a general mailbox.

Finally, as CCSGINC accurately documented above, one can create a Ring Group and associated mailbox (that can be accessed by an inbound caller who's call is being processed by the system's Automated Attendant application) that closely emulates the functionality of a typical general mailbox.

I hope this clarification helps and good luck!

CCSGINC,

Sorry about the various errors I kept making when typing your screen name in my posts! I think I have fixed them all now.

Cheers!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,297
Posts638,864
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,671 Shoretel
189,616 CTX100 install
187,862 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Yoda), 171 guests, and 271 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024