web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
The customer has an existing DK40i, the new location has nothing.
I can't string a cable through the municipal parking lot, and local bell company won't lease pairs to customer. What options do I have to provide extensions at the new location, using the original location's DK40i? The new location is primarily a shipping & receiving operation, but they would like to have intercom between locations, and transfer incoming calls from the original location to and from the new one. They have no C.O. lines at the new location. They do have cable company internet at both locations.

Would BVPUs at each end(with a DK40i at the new location) help accomplish interconnection?

tia,
bill

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I guess with a BVPU my previous statement is not 100% accurate, but based on the instructions it looks like a work-around to adding VoIP to a Strata DK, but the DK does not have any built-in VoIP capabilities (that I am aware of).

I have never used this card, but out of curiosity I read the instruction guide. It does appear that the configuration you mentioned, a Strata DKi at each location, would be a supported configuration. Per the guide the Strata DK systems sees the cards as a a E&M Tie card.

You might want to try some long range cordless phones if you can place the base units in line of sight. They have some with hands free intercom.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Back in the day Toshiba used MCK Extenders. Citel now own the MCK brand. Google them and give them a call to see if they have a solution for you.

OP Offline
thanks for the replies. long-range cordless probably won't work, the new location is a concrete building. i bookmarked the mck extenders, i'll check them out in the morning.

thanks all!!
bill

I had a customer that very recently (last month) bought a used MCK gateway and 2 MCK 4000 extenders for a Nortel PBX. We got them working across the LAN but could not get it working through a firewall through the Internet. I suggested a VPN to solve firewall and NAT issues. It did work when assigning a public IP address to the MCK gateway, just like we do now days with Toshiba VoIP.

OP Offline
i checked into refurbed mck extenders, they seem to be the way to go. waiting on customer's acceptance of my quote.
thanks for the replies!!

bill

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,835
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,643 Shoretel
189,525 CTX100 install
187,783 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 158 guests, and 345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024