web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Ices Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a customer that purchased a Vertical Summit system from a reseller that has since gone out of business, and they are now turning to me, a local IT company for help.

The customer was having issues with the voicemail greetings repeating themselves halfway through, and thought resetting the VSF would fix the problem. Well, while trying to reset the VSF, it looks like they deleted all of their system prompts.

I've reset the vertical system by using the web interface and by using the DIP switches, but it is not restoring these system prompts. When I call the VSF, it prompts me for my password (On screen display, you don't hear the "Please enter your password" as the prompt file is missing) I enter the password, and then the phone display reads "VSF PROCESSING"

It doesn't hang up the line, and I know the voicemail system is working a little bit, because I can press 0 and get to station 100.

I've combed the internet for these files or people with similar issues, and can't find anything related to my issue, and Vertical is giving me the runaround telling me that I need to contact the reseller for support, that they can't help me without me scheduling a technician to come out.

Does anyone have these prompt files or can direct me on how to restore the system default ones? Any help would be appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Best way to fix this is to upgrade from feature package 1 to 2 or if already at 2 reinstall the kernel software which has the vm prompts. These files are available to certified dealers and can be had by others for a fee for the software and tech support to install. It sounds like the customer did their own voice mail flush which deleted all messages, greetings and prompts and most likely all the built in music on hold selections as well.

Last edited by Derrick; 10/08/15 07:42 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Ices Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the information.

Are there any certified dealers that browse these forums? I'd love to talk to someone about getting the feature package 2, as they are at feature package 1 currently. I am confident in my ability to install and configure the update, as I did complete the certification courses and have serviced Vertical systems before, my company just did not want to commit to the requirements to become a certified reseller.

Are these files available on the Vertical FTP site? I was given access to that at one point but forgot the username and password.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
pm sent

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Ices Offline OP
OP Offline
Just wanted to say thanks to Derrick for all of his help!

Moderated by  EV607797, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,835
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,638 Shoretel
189,522 CTX100 install
187,780 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 337 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024