web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
hello adix / iwatsu Gurus
currently we have a (PRI) line ringing to an extension in the suite(s) and the other extensions have the call coverage immediately keys
class 25
DNIS incoming number (the published telephone number)
DNIS conversion number (the extension number)
then we place the call coverage immediate key for that extension on the other extensions in the suite

On the extension that is in the DNIS table we have a medical answering service telephone number in the station speed dial bin. At the end of the business day we do an all call forward at that speed dial tn#. The next morning we take it off call forwarding.

We have been asked to transition to an auto attendant during the day. So if I pointed DNIS to
DNIS incoming number (the published telephone number)
DNIS conversion number *
DNIS mbox/nsc/acd priority 0910 (voicemail menu)

Then the auto attendant will work just fine but I have no way to forward that telephone number to the answering service at nights
adix sw ver 7.31 with an IX 4vml
looking for ideas ....
thanks

Last edited by sketchypro; 10/13/15 01:34 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Use the access code for the voicemail hunt group as the DNIS conversion number, but don't specify a mailbox. Allow the voicemail system to control the call at point of answer, then create a night menu that will forward the call wherever you want it to go. You may have to use Dynamic trunk routing, and a little external networking, but what you want to do is achievable.

You'll have more options if you have a spare analog trunk port to play with. The ADIX is flexible in ways that defy imagination....

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
What if you leave the DNIS programmed the original way.... then you could internal forward to the AA during the day and then external forwarding at night? That would also leave you the option of answering calls if you ever wanted to again - just cancel all forwarding.

Another option is to use the day/night DNIS routing. Day mode - have the number ring to the menu. Night Mode - Have the number routed to the answering service by using networking tables.

Third option - wait for JBean to offer an even easier solution! smile

See? He's so fast, his reply posted before mine!

OP Offline
Thanks for the good ideas. Let me explain the situation a little further. All of the sites we are doing this transition and have multiple suites. This is just the first Suite. Unfortunately each suite has to forward their phone at different times of the day. So the day/night is not an option yet. Also allowing the voicemail system to control probably won't be ideal , unless there is a way to point to a separate voicemail menu dependent on the number dialed. ie:
suite A published telephone number xxx-5758 to menu "A" (0922)
suite B published telephone number xxx-5759 to menu "b" (0923)
suite D published telephone number xxx-5760 to menu "d" (0924)
and so on…

I do have many spare analog trunk ports left over from when we converted to the PRI

Thanks again (while I continue to read the manual).

I assume you have each suites DID number sent to a separate extension. (xxx-5758 to Ext201 xxx-5759 to Ext202 etc) And from there you assigned the CCI keys to the appropriate extensions for answering.

What if you used a DND/Quickforward key on those suite extensions, to send the DID call directly to the correct VM/Menu? You could then use the traditional external forwarding when needed. (Just like you have been doing) When you cancel the external forwarding, just activate the DND/Quickforward again and all calls would ring directly to VM.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Try this perhaps:

Set each incoming number DNIS destination as an unused analog trunk access number. This will make the incoming DNIS call ring as if it was actually an analog trunk. Program that trunk to DIL to the voice mail system during office hours, to a remote forwarded extension when in night mode. You'll have to do some programming in the voice mail for Dynamic Trunk Routing to ensure that calls go to the proper menu. Base your programming on the trunk number of the analog port you are using as a template. Do this for the other suites.

Assign each of your 'analog' trunks a group number in Class 11.38., designate a phone in each suite as an attendant, then put a Group Night button on that phone.Each suite can then forward their calls whenver they want with out bothering the other suites by setting their 'trunk group' to night mode.

Clear as mud?

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
that does make sense - trunk group idea - I am too busy to get on it until next week but will post if successful

thanks

OP Offline
no - what we have is a single "published" tn that is the only incoming number for the entire suite
dnis xxx-5758 points to ext 3352
then all the other ext in that suite have the cci key for x3352
x 3352 is the one we forward at night

Originally Posted by TelecomGirl
I assume you have each suites DID number sent to a separate extension. (xxx-5758 to Ext201 xxx-5759 to Ext202 etc) And from there you assigned the CCI keys to the appropriate extensions for answering.

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,651 Shoretel
189,538 CTX100 install
187,784 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nonameyet), 165 guests, and 299 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024