web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
BED Offline OP
OP Offline
XTS-ip system. 30 button phone was working correctly with flex buttons speed dialing private and system speed numbers. Call forwarding was set up to on off site number via a speed dial. Call forwording works fine for internal and external incoming calls. Turning off call forwarding allows inside calls to work normally but outside calls transfered to the phone ring the and flash the Intercom once then transfer back to the originating device. Since call forwarding was set up, none of the speed dial flex buttons or [bin number] work. Each attempt at speed gets a "busy" tone on the programmed keys. Have tried reassigning the INC flex button, reprogramming the Speed numbers and flex keys associated but no difference. Have checked the transfer timers and each extension setting comparing the setting to working extensions. Any hints on how to get incoming transfer calls to ring normally and flex-speed buttons to function again?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Sounds like you lost your line appearance or Loop keys on that extension.

Gary

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I second what Gary said. Those are classic signs of missing loop or line keys. Go off-hook with the handset, press speed and dial 7 + #, then press 2 for button testing. Press each button where lines or loops should be. If they don't show, then you've found the problem.

How that happened is strange though.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
BED Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks for the suggestions - I tested each button as EV607797 suggested. Each displayed as expected and matches the data dump for the phone prior to the problem. The phone has 3 INCOMING buttons all displaying "LOOP", 3 OUTGOING buttons all designated "POOL GROUP 01", 1 "INTERCOM" button. Other working phones on the system has the exact same layout except for the Flex Button assignments for different extensions and different speed dials.

I have tried two other physical desk sets to eliminate a problem in the physical phone.

Outgoing calls can be placed by pressing OUTGOING and dialing the number. The speed dial part of the problem seems to be the system not remembering POOL is part of the number. SPEED-OUTGOING-BinNumber-OutsidePhoneNumber-SPEED stores the number.

If I press the FlexButton assigned to a speed bin number programmed for an outside number I get a busy. If I press OUTGOING then the FlexButton, then speed dial dials the number. Previously pressing just the FlexButton was sufficient.

Still working on the Outside call transfer problem. I may swap two extensions by the "Station Relocate" function to see if the problem follows the phone programming or the hardware port.

If you store the number by pressing speed twice, the bin number, the outside number and then speed again, the system will utilize any available pool or line button available on the phone. Try using this method for a test bin and see what happens.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
BED Offline OP
OP Offline
Using the speed-speed programming method give the same results as previous. Speed-bin = busy OUTSIDE-speed-bin = dials number; FlexButton tied to bin also give busy; OUTSIDE-FlexButton dials.

BED Offline OP
OP Offline
RESOLVED-
I swapped the port connections with a station relocate and the problem followed the FlexExtension Number and not the physical port. Swapped back to the original physical ports. Plugged in an 8 button phone in place of the 30 button and got the default setup on the 8 button as expected. Unplugged the 8 button and plugged in the 30 button which recognized the extension but reset all the buttons to the 30 button default configuration.

Reprogrammed all the buttons on the phone to the original configuration and all is working as expected and desired.

When the problem first occurred, I had reprogrammed the button without forcing the configuration to the default and it did not clear the problem. Forcing the default setup then reprogramming cleared whatever was preventing the line from working correctly.

Thanks oobie and EV607797 for you thoughts and help.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,296
Posts638,846
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,656 Shoretel
189,549 CTX100 install
187,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 139 guests, and 272 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024