web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Axxess 256 v11 and a 5000 at 6.1.
We added 50 ip phones, all with DHCP, they already had about 50 IP phones.
They had some SIP trunks that caused the 5000 to lock up and so I was kind of forced to upgrade the 5000 to 6.1.
The Axxess is networked to the 5000 with an IPRC and Private Networking.
I primarily get echo, on the IP phones, when they call analog extensions on the Axxess.
I got their data people involved, who tested the IP phones in their network closet and in the end it turned out that one of the IP phones they were using to test seems to be bad and echos frequently.
I have tried changing the echo profiles in the 5000, all the IP phones in the 5000 are set with P2P (not exactly related to my problem I know). I'm thinking that the problem is a couple of things - 1 the people using the IP phones and being intolerant of some echo, 2 - an intermittent problem on the data side 3- some of the IP phones might be bad (they didn't by the phones from us)
The main thing is that until we added the 50 phones who are all on one cisco/Linksys poe switch, I didn't have people complaining about echo calling between the 2 systems.
Which makes me think it's a data problem.
I think I will have to pay to call tech support since 6.1 on the 5000 isn't supported networking wise, to the Axxess so, I'm just seeing if any of you have suggestions of where I might focus my attention on this, first. thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

What model of IP Phone are you using? Have you heard the echo yourself? I have had situations where the customer reported echo but it turned out the sidetone was too loud for their taste or they were not used to the HD voice of newer phones.

Answer The Phones
Telephone Engineer
UK
OP Offline
The IP phones are all 5320's. Happens that one of the IP phones testing was done with was bad and always produced echo.
The actual problem is that calling on the Private Networking PRI to the Axxess produces echo. Calling across the IPRC's private networking trunks does not.
The 5000's IP phones, if they make a call to analog/digital phones on the Axxess will hear echo. The Axxess phones do not hear it.
We are looking to see if we can still get licenses for IPRC private networking or not.

Last edited by NotNotCity42; 01/28/16 11:51 AM.
OP Offline
I messed around through online monitor and adjusted the gain on the private networking PRI channels and got the echo into a tolerable state.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,739
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,292 Shoretel
188,179 CTX100 install
187,022 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
jc2it 4
dexman 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (ThePhoneConnection), 109 guests, and 94 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024