Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#597142 01/19/16 10:30 PM
OP Offline
I am beginning my 1A2 install using an ITT 601 KSU equipped with 5 lines using 400E KTUs and a combined intercom.

I'm laying out the 66 blocks and mushrooms and would welcome advice on properly mounting everything. My plan is to run 25 pair from the KSU to a 66B block which is next to the KSU. I will cross connect from there to the adjoining 66M blocks.

At the top right of this picture is a Cat5 block so I can bring in two C*Net lines from my cable modem/router and a connection to Xlink which supports bluetooth to my cell.

I was planning to use the biscuits below the 66B to connect the CO lines into either the KSU or 66B.

Thanks for taking the time to look. I have greatly enjoyed looking through the archives.

I have a ground wire ready to go as well.

[Linked Image]

Jim Churchill

C*NET 1-821-9771
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
I would offer up using colored backboards as well as backboards for the mushrooms. I realize that ILECS didn't really use backboards, but, there is something satisfying about a neatly cabled backboard.

Red for keysystem cables.
Blue for station cables.
White for mushrooms.

I posted some pictures of my Church's installation on my website.

I Love FEATURE 00
OP Offline
Thanks Paul! Wow, your church install looks fantastic. The colors certainly make the whole thing look better then a plain white piece of plywood!

I searched for other backboard colors, but only found blue. I did find a source for mushrooms on a white board. Where did you find red?

Last edited by pdxjim911; 01/20/16 12:54 AM.

Jim Churchill

C*NET 1-821-9771
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Paul, thanks so much for the kudos on your site. I don't know how I missed that before. I'm glad that you are one of the few who takes pride in doing it the right way.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Originally Posted by pdxjim911
Thanks Paul! Wow, your church install looks fantastic. The colors certainly make the whole thing look better then a plain white piece of plywood!

I searched for other backboard colors, but only found blue. I did find a source for mushrooms on a white board. Where did you find red?

Thank you for the complement smile

Ed Vaughn provided me with some really nice Western Electric vintage purple 1/2 field backboards, Suttle jacks & 66 blocks. One of the backboards is used in the Church install and the other is safely tucked away.

There is a company that lists quite a bit of telecom hardware on his site. Ed tipped me off to the outfit, but, when I spoke with the owner, he sells strictly wholesale, and, wouldn't sell to me...which I understand and have no hard feelings.

Solonics

I did find a listing for a retailer that lists metal 66 block backboards.

Primus_Cable

This is a link to the 1/2 field backboards. The site shows 1/4 and full field versions as well.

With the decline of traditional telephone service, color coding isn't observed as closely as it was in the past. Most of the time, a blue backboard is mounted and 66 blocks...if used...are left uncovered...or...a clear snap-on or orange swing cover are used.

The matching swing covers and bridging clips are Siemon brand and were ordered from Graybar. smile

I Love FEATURE 00
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Originally Posted by EV607797
Paul, thanks so much for the kudos on your site. I don't know how I missed that before. I'm glad that you are one of the few who takes pride in doing it the right way.

Thanks Ed!

Well...1 guess who planted that "bug" in my head a few years ago. grin

I Love FEATURE 00
OP Offline
Excellent. Thank you!

Jim Churchill

C*NET 1-821-9771
There is a company that lists quite a bit of telecom hardware on his site. Ed tipped me off to the outfit, but, when I spoke with the owner, he sells strictly wholesale, and, wouldn't sell to me...

I've been known to set up a company just because I never buy retail if I can help it or I can't get what I want any other place. My tax ID has my name on it so I can call a company anything I want since they only look to see that you have a tax ID- if they want anything at all. Go to Vista print and have some cards printed up for a few bucks. House is going to need a new paint job, hmmm, where's my painting contractor card. cool

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Just remember the plywood is supposed to be fire rated painted with fire rated paint. Although I don't remember the last time I actually saw it done.

John 807
Originally Posted by hbiss
There is a company that lists quite a bit of telecom hardware on his site. Ed tipped me off to the outfit, but, when I spoke with the owner, he sells strictly wholesale, and, wouldn't sell to me...

I've been known to set up a company just because I never buy retail if I can help it or I can't get what I want any other place. My tax ID has my name on it so I can call a company anything I want since they only look to see that you have a tax ID- if they want anything at all. Go to Vista print and have some cards printed up for a few bucks. House is going to need a new paint job, hmmm, where's my painting contractor card. cool

-Hal

Hal, is this your card?
https://www.harryepstein.com/index.php/blog/bones-lionberger/

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,321 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 188 guests, and 432 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024