Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#597575 02/02/16 03:36 PM
CUDJOE Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a customer with a Partner system at a small motel. It has voicemail, but no AA programmed. The customer states that his SLT in his rooms ring intermittently at night waking up the guests. We cannot find out what the problem is that is causing them to ring. Any suggestion would be great. Thanks

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
From any mailbox, a caller can press *8 and an extension number to do a transfer - could be that

From a mailbox, a caller can press 0 to reach the covering extension, usually 10 but can be changed on some voicemail systems

Any guest can call any other guest if they know the extension number

If the station wiring is shorting out, a swinging short can mimic pulse dialing and reach an extension

You might set up SMDR to see if any calls are coming in at night

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
This might or might not apply, but are any of the room extensions assigned to Hunt Group #7?

I Love FEATURE 00
CUDJOE Offline OP
OP Offline
I have checked the hunt groups, nothing there. Thanks

I will try setting up SMDR to see what is happening.

I guess I could remove the mail since they don't use it to see what happens?

Usual questions that without we are shooting in the dark:

Did this just start happening?
Do all phones ring at once, certain ones or individual at random?
What happens when the call is answered?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-1A2
Moderator-1A2
A few thoughts:
1) If the ringing is caused by extension to extension calls, SMDR won't tell you anything,
2) I doubt it's the voicemail, but if they have no intentions of using it, why not eliminate that variable altogether?
3) Check the programming for line ringing by extension. I would think none of the lines would ring to any of the rooms and only at the front desk, to be transferred by the clerk. Maybe one or two somewhere are set to delayed ringing, and this is happening at night, when the clerk is outside having a cigarette or snoozing, and the line rings a few extra times. Central Tel Prog. from ext 10. See what lines are attached to which extensions, make sure the line keys flash rapidly when you enter a given room extension.

Another thought: is there a wake up service button on extension 10 and are wake up calls to those extensions set?

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,835
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,639 Shoretel
189,523 CTX100 install
187,781 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 174 guests, and 344 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024