web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
reidtel Offline OP
OP Offline
I've got a customer that has SIP trunks on a IPO 9.0 Partner edition. They are saying that they can make outgoing calls but can't receive incoming calls. When you call their main number you hear the message that “you have reached a nonworking number. Announcement 14 switch 18-3.”. Their SIP provider is Allied and they are saying that there’s a routing issue with the PBX. They’re getting 503 service unavailable errors to their SBC. There have been no configuration changes so says the customer. I will be comparing the original cfg file saved to my laptop to their current cfg to make sure. The customer also said that now it seems they are able to receive calls for about 30 minutes and then it goes back down. This pattern repeats itself throughout the day. My questions are has anyone experienced this issue before and where do I begin to troubleshoot? I checked alarms and there are none. Strange. Thanks for any help you can give.

Larry

Authorized Avaya Business Partner
Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Never tried SIP lines on AVAYA before.

But I think it might be a SIP trunk keep-alive issue.
every time when make outgoing call, phone system will talk with ISP SIP server. But ISP SIP server could not find phone system when keep-alive timer times out and the SIP link is not active.

You might check SIP trunks settings, or similar settings on local router/firewall.

Admin
Online Happy
Admin
The router likely needs to be setup to forward port 5060 to the internal address of the IPO. You'll want to restrict it so it only forwards traffic from the VoIP provider's public IP.

[Linked Image from web.atcomsystems.ca]
Looking for a VoIP Phone Canada provider? Put Atcom's valuable VoIP expertise to work for your business today!
Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
If you upgrade them to Essential, you would be able to set up STUN, which, depending on the provider, could solve the issue.

reidtel Offline OP
OP Offline
It seems that the URI somehow changed although the customer doesn't have manager installed and couldn't have changed it. The provider says they didn't change anything so WTH. Anyway changed it back to the provider settings and everything is up and running again. Thanks for the helpful suggestions.

Larry

Authorized Avaya Business Partner

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, hitechcomm), 142 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024