web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
dos Offline OP
OP Offline
I've got a CIX670 with a MIPU24 (software on the MIPU and CIX updated to current around July 2015) that I'm am trying to connect to with a Multitech MultiVOIP MVP-130FXS.

I have the MVP-130FXS (with an analog phone attached) setup as a SIP-type station (I have 8 free IP end-point port licenses). I have the MIPU and MVP-130FXS configured for G711u.

I can dial the MVP-130FXS station number from another station and the MVP-130FXS station rings, picking up the call connects, but there is no audio. Same happens in the opposite direction. Dialing from the MVP-130FXS station I can send digits (out of band with RFC2833 configured) and dial out with LCR and call my cell phone. Never any audio. So the SIP connection seems to be working but not the RTP part.

Wireshark confirms that the MVP-130FXS is registering via SIP (the IPT table of the MIPU also shows the IP address of the MVP-130FXS station once it registers). Wireshark also shows the call being setup (and eventually terminated once one station hangs up) via SIP, but only shows RTP packets being sent FROM the MVP-130FXS to the MIPU. The MIPU is not sending any RTP packets (nor does it seem to be receiving them; I have no audio, not even one way audio). I am mirroring both the MIPU and MVP-130FXS switch ports to the port I am running Wireshark on; so I'm sure I'm seeing everything coming from both devices.

I've configured packetization time on both the MIPU and MVP-130FXS to 20ms for G711u.

I've captured the RTP stream from the MVP-130FXS with Wireshark and played back the audio... that stream is good. I just can't figure out why the MIPU is not sending RTP packets back to the MVP-130FXS.

There is also a MIPU16 in the system that is connected via SIP (VM-SIP) to a Toshiba LUCA voicemail system. It works fine.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Is the MIPU on the same network as the FXS? Is there any routers in-between the FXS and the MIPU?

I don't remember having any audio issues with an MIPU and a SIP device if they are on the same network.

You mentioned that it works OK on an MIPU 16, you tested the FXS on the MIPU 16.

Last question, since this is an MIPU24, did you install it like a PRI or T1 card, IE.., in slots S101, S103, S105, or S107 of the Base Cabinet or slots S_01, S_03, and S_05 of any Expansion Cabinet, and the next card slot (even number slots) left open?

dos Offline OP
OP Offline
MIPU and FXS are on the same network, no routers, no firewalls, no ACLs between them.

I have not tested the FXS with the MIPU16. I was just mentioning that I had a MIPU16 in slot 0202 that I use with a Toshiba LUCA voicemail system. The MIPU24 is in slot 0205. The only other populated slot in cabinet #2 is slot 0201. So yep, the next slot is left open.

dos Offline OP
OP Offline
Update: Connecting to the MIPU24 with the "Zoiper" SIP softphone application works fine... audio both ways. So it appears that the MIPU is working ok.

I've got Wireshark captures of both a registration and call from the MVP-130FXS to the MIPU and the Zoiper application to the MIPU if anyone wants to see them. The INVITEs are somewhat different (in more ways than the endpoint IPs and ports) but I'm not familiar enough with SIP at the protocol level to know what may point to the cause of the issue.

I've got a ticket open with Multitech (who make great products), but they're not aware of anyone with history between their MultiVOIP products and Toshiba.

dos Offline OP
OP Offline
SOLVED.

I was able to schedule a reset of the MIPU24. Once reset the Multitech MVP-130FXS connects to them MIPU and works as expected, complete with two way audio.

MIPU version: MIPU02_01DA200
CIX670 software version: AR5.20 MT067.00
MVP-130FXS f/w version: 1.11.14

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,791 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 99 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024