web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
MnDave Offline OP
Moderator-Vodavi, Vertical, XBlue
OP Offline
Why do some requests have to be so difficult? A Vodavi STS customer wants a bid for Call Reporting. Here's the rub. They are moving later this year and haven't decided if they will:

1. Keep the old Vodavi system and have me move it
2. Purchase the Toshiba system already in the next building (No, they don't know what model it is).
3. Purchase a new NEC SL1100 from us.
4. Change to another system entirely.

They are a dear customer and I honestly don't know what to do. My plan is to tell them that there isn't a one size fits all option. crazy

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Trisys is a "fits all" solution. Of course, they will have to purchase new software if they switch systems, but all the hardware remains the same.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
MnDave Offline OP
OP Offline
Ralph,
I see in your profile that you have a number of manufacturers under your belt. So that is a good thing. If I go the Trisys route I will then have the fun of being able to learn a new system. Oh joy! Is this a dealer product? How would I go about obtaining pricing? I see they have both the exBox turnkey and also a PC application. Before I call them, I thought I should get a tad more info from you.
Thanks!

PS: I am also still open for other recommendations. Though I have been around for years (too long), my experience is generally limited to my manufacturer's preferred products and I simply have precious few of even those installations under my belt.

- Dave S. -

You can never appease your ideologue opponents.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Dave, they're easy to work with. Just give them a call and they'll give you pricing.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
They will do all the programming if you want.

I have several Tapit systems installed and everyone of them is managed by the customer, so, if the customer can learn to do it, you can.

The systems can be entirely configured by them. They even send you specific instructions to connect to your specific system. I have been installing their product for over 30 years and I just buy the pieces and assemble and load and program the systems myself, but, seriously, you really don't have to learn anything if you don't want to learn. Believe me, I am sympathetic to not having to move out of my comfort zone and learn a new piece of equipment, but they make it too easy.

You won't be unhappy if you use the Trysis product line.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I second the Tapit/Trysis suggestion. Their product really is that good and easy for the customer to maintain.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,694
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,704 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (teleco, BobRobert), 110 guests, and 254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024