web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#599912 04/15/16 09:42 AM
jnew Offline OP
OP Offline
Please help me get caller ID back on our phones.

We dropped 1 phone line (LINE 007) and since then no caller ID on our main 4 lines (LINE 001 - 004) just on the last line (LINE 008). Seems strange that last line shows caller ID info but the other 4 lines do not. Checked the caller ID info from the incoming lines and it displays fine on a hand held phone. Something inside the Vodavi box seems to be blocking the ICLID info, the STS phones just say 'LINE RINGING' except for our last line.

I have looked thru the admin programming (**XXXX) and nothing stands out to be setup wrong. Is it somehow wiring? Since a line isn't really there and the VODAVI is looking for it? Please advise.

Last edited by nfcphoneman; 04/15/16 12:41 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
Removing one line should not affect the CID on the other lines.

Did you do anything else? Change providers? Have the auto-attendant start answering, instead of answering live? Etc...

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Since the STS has built in caller id..if there is a CID mod on each card, the only programming is enable it and set the ring delay for each line to 04.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
Have you tried moving the working line to a different CO port in the STS? We had a similar issue, and found that a leaky ground on the CO lines was preventing the Caller ID from going through. We'd see the Caller ID on the line bit not when connected to the KSU.

Correction in previous post - was not a leaky ground. We were picking up AC on the phone line. Had to used a SNIX filter

jnew Offline OP
OP Offline
Sorry for the delayed response been out sick. Nothing else changed with the system just dropped a line. Same provider. Even thought it was the provider and they came out and showed me thru a handset that the caller ID info was being sent on all the lines. It makes no sense to me but that is why I asked the experts. I have just changed the ring delay to 04 and that did not help. I have not moved the working line to a different CO port. How would I do this?

George Ferguson
Unregistered
George Ferguson
Unregistered
It could be that you CID mod for the KSU is bad, you can try by moving line one which would be on the first pair (white/blue) of the COL 66-block to the 5th position (white/slate)of the COL 66 block. This is something that might be worth paying a pro to do.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 116 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024