Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#601849 06/23/16 05:34 PM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 642
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 642
I've been doing more fiber lately and using a hot melt, I had problems with the ones you slide the fiber in and push together with your fingers are there any crimp tools out there that work good?


"90% of the politicians make the other 10% look bad" Henry Kissinger
Atcom VoIP Demo
VoIP Demo
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,148
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
*****
Offline
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi
*****
Joined: Aug 2003
Posts: 5,148
We've used the Corning Cabling Unicam system for years. Works well.

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 5,049
Likes: 3
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
*****
Offline
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
*****
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 5,049
Likes: 3
I'll second Unicam. I ran a job where we put on 11,388 of them. (A Morgan-Stanley Data Center) If you use the light pen with it you have practically no failures.

Sam


"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,716
Member
***
Offline
Member
***
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 1,716
Unicam. We switched over from hot melt to unicam at the mine and never looked back. Zero failures. You are working twice as hard for the same money when using hot melt.

Rcaman


Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,351
Likes: 12
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
*****
Offline
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
*****
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 15,351
Likes: 12
I have to agree with the others about Unicam. Tooling and connectors aren't cheap, but they are extremely reliable and require no consumables and hardly any chance for failures.


Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,486
Member
*****
Offline
Member
*****
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,486
The new leviton FastCam connector are pretty dang nice. You do need a specific cleaving tool but you literally cleave it, clean it and push the fiber in and squeeze your connector to lock it in place. Use a light pen to test and bam your done.

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 642
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 642
Thank you, I knew I was doing alot more work with a hotmelt that's the reason I asked.


"90% of the politicians make the other 10% look bad" Henry Kissinger
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 822
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 822
We also use the Corning Unicam. No complaints.


Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,826
Posts636,757
Members49,644
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
Chad Hoffman, frankhines, jnawrocki
Newest Members
PhoneGuy827, julesm, Helen.D, AlAl, mike hurford
49,643 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
ramo 12
pvj 11
Toner 9
dans 5
Who's Online Now
3 members (Coral Tech, justbill, Toner), 137 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Business Phone Systems | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2023
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5