web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
cher Offline OP
OP Offline
I am wondering if anyone has encountered limitations in features when going from an on premise PBX system to a hosted platform. I have heard that some solutions don't show extension appearances and I also heard one issue was a lag in transferring internal calls. I am wondering if anyone else has encountered limits on features that a client would expect to have when moving to the cloud. I want to be prepared.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

It all depends on who the hosted provider is and how they provide it. There is no real answer to this. Where one provider has issues another may not but at the same time have other issues of their own. If you rate hosted providers on a scale from one to ten, I doubt that there are any tens but plenty of ones and twos.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Yes you will loose some things, not necessarily features, but there are things like the DSS/BLF but in most theree is and PC application that show you the DSS/BLf. There are different flavors of hosted so be careful. Yes your are dependent upon the internet. Some hosted solution still have a on prem unit which allows for internal traffic to not leave the local site but most hosted solutions do not have this.

Good luck in your research!!

Gary

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
For instance, we offer an IP Office hosted solution. It is the same system and features as a regular IP Office, except it uses strictly IP phones and SIP trunking. The IPO is hosted in the cloud, you have options on how the service is delivered to your premises, the voicemail portion is standard IP Office Voicemail Pro. You don't have to suffer with an inferior product from a hosted company!

Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Moderator-ESI, Shoretel
Originally Posted by Touch Tone Tommy
You don't have to suffer with an inferior product from a hosted company!

You are 100% correct Tommy. There are numerous hosted providers ranging from almost literally someone with a server in the basement to others with geo redundacy and 100% uptime SLA's, contact center, CRM integration and full UC features and functionality.

In fact the top tier providers offer trunking as well which enables them to implement QOS and insure sound quality.

Just do your homework.

cher Offline OP
OP Offline
Maybe I didn't pose the question correctly. I am a telecom vendor and while I also sell a hosted solution I am wondering if anyone encounters complaints from clients because they lost a standard type PBX feature. For example one of my clients had an issue with delayed transferring. Took much longer than their PBX system. Using SIP phones that are not proprietary to the solution may cause a loss of certain features when using a phone (not PC). Loss of single button transfers, no extension appearances poses extreme frustration to end users.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
What Hosted provider is it?

OT, as there seems to be alot of PBX partners on this forum.
I've seen and used alot of cloud solutions. I don't have any issues with them - the only issues are networking issues, like ALG and stuff...

Our Avaya partner won't even do sip trunks on any prem solution if there is no SBC. QOS and all that stuff.....

TT Tommy. Do share some more details. I've never even knew there was IPO in the ~cloud~

With the proper hosted provider you can do everything an Asterisk system can do, we us three providers. Quality, it is all about your internet connection. Not just speed, but jitter and latency. Like my previous post in another thread, I very, very, almost never sell anything anymore than a premise IP or hosted. solution. This is coming from a 35 year fart in this industry that started selling 1A2, LOL

Also your LAN plays an equally important part, having the right tool to determine the quality of the WAN and the LAN is so important.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,111 Shoretel
187,716 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, OBT), 57 guests, and 409 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024