web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
JCR Offline OP
OP Offline
My Axxent system (520-0008) went down today with a "Major Error" message on the handsets. Internally I have a flashing red light on the CPU card, a solid red light on the main (system) board. The voice mail card says Rhetorix on it and I cannot see any LED on this card (I mean there doesn't even seem to be an LED on the card period).

When I power cycle the system I get a boot beep and I can hear the hard drive cranking (it sounds normal to me; not like a bad drive would sound). Of course the power supply is operating. None of the front panel lights come on whereas the "CPU Active" light used to come on when the system was working.

To make my misery complete I don't have programing or system software for the system. The price of the software was far beyond our means to afford it when we purchased the system.

Of course my question is: does anyone have any idea what might be wrong with the system? My goal would be to buy whatever board is bad as a refurb and then have my present installers out to reprogram the system. Can anyone help?

I have already reseated the PAL, CPU and voicemail cards. I have also reseated the memory card on the CPU card. I cleaned the contacts on all prior to reseating.

I also tried booting the system with the the VM card removed and all of the results listed above remained the same.

Another question I have: is the software for this system avaiable anywhere and if so what might I expect to pay for it (along with the necessary cable)?

John R.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RCA Offline
John did you ever get this going?

Rhett
JCR Offline OP
OP Offline
Rhett - See my PM to you. Basically, I tried everything we discussed. I had to wait until this morning to run out and get a power supply but after that I removed all of the cards except the DSKC (left that in because without it I could know what the system was doing)and the memory board. I also reseated the memory several times and powered up after each. My handsets still display "Major Alarm" so I'm guessing I have a bad memory board or main board.

I don't know where else to go with the system I've got... Please see my PM and see if you think I'm on the right track.

John R.

RCA Offline
John I didn’t get your PM. Last PM was from Friday.

Do you have a programming cable made up? At this point you really need to eliminate all boards that are plugged in before determining if it's the mem or main board.

Rhett
Did the system just default and lose it's db?

First thing I'd do is get the programming software and a programming cable and try to connect to it.

Ain't technology wonderful? Nothing like being on the bleeding edge. smile
JCR Offline OP
OP Offline
Rhett - I think the necessary cable is a straight-thru 9-pin serial cable, isn't it? If so, I should have one of those but my biggest problem is that I don't have the software for the system. Tom @ Sundance thought that you might be able to point me in the right direction with that one. I sent you another PM this morning so let me know if you received that one

Thank you

John R.

JCR Offline OP
OP Offline
Tellink - You're right. It may just need to be reloaded. I'm not sure what's going on with the system because I don't have the software. Does anybody out there know where I can get it? A search of the web has been unsuccessful.

John R.

You will need to find an Inter-Tel dealer for the software.

Jeff Moss

Moss Communications
Computer Repair-Networking-Cabling
MBSWWYPBX, JGAE
Check your messages.

Ain't technology wonderful? Nothing like being on the bleeding edge. smile

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,294
Posts638,835
Members49,769
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,638 Shoretel
189,521 CTX100 install
187,780 1a2 system
Newest Members
Soulece, Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale
49,768 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 24
teleco 9
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 102 guests, and 333 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024