Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#603457 08/28/16 05:44 PM
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 642
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 642
I have a customer where the old card died put a new one in. I have the chains and menus working but I can't get it to record messages or automatically ask for a password when dialing from a phone on the system.


"90% of the politicians make the other 10% look bad" Henry Kissinger
Atcom VoIP Demo
VoIP Demo
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,650
Likes: 4
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,650
Likes: 4
Hello

Based on the symptoms, I think it is an integration problem between the
PBX and the voicemail. If calls call forward and hit the Auto Attendant and dialing the VM pilot does the same thing, then the Voicemail is not getting the proper information form the PBX.

Have do programmed many Stratagy iEs systems? Based on what I have seen the Network integration is the most common type of VM Integration on a Straagy vs serial. Out of the box that is how the Stratagy is expecting the Integration.

If you have not done a lot of STratagy ES or iES voicemail systems there are a lot of settings that need to be setup in both the PBX and the voicemail system. Since the PBX was already setup for a Stratagy iES I would assume that most of the settings on the PBX are ok, but I would still delete then recreate the SMDI settings in I/O devices. Although not common, in a coupe cases I have seen the PBX stop sending SMDI info. A PBX restart or recreating the SMDI usually fixes this. Be sure to copy all the SMDI LAN info before deleting it.

I'll send a PM on the things you should check in the Stratagy system for the integration.




Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 642
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 642
I need to change the ip address on the stratagy to work with the network and that is where I am stuck


"90% of the politicians make the other 10% look bad" Henry Kissinger
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,650
Likes: 4
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,650
Likes: 4
You need to use Microsoft Netmeeting. Unfortunately the last Windows OS that had Netmeeting installed was Windows XP.

If you have Windows 7 Professional, then you should download and Install XP mode, virtual PC from Microsoft.

I was able to get Meeting install on my Windows 7 laptop, but it took a bit of work to find a download link and force it to install on Windows 7.

On my new Windows 10 laptop I just created a virtual machine running XP.


Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,820
Posts636,739
Members49,643
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
Airdale, AnnetteLee, AnnettesDayIsUg, bigboy, Blackline, boomj, db Communications, gwh, samcorcione9111, Victor D.
Newest Members
julesm, Helen.D, AlAl, mike hurford, Nigel S
49,642 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
pvj 12
ramo 11
Toner 9
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 95 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Business Phone Systems | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2023
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5