web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#603457 08/28/16 01:44 PM
OP Offline
I have a customer where the old card died put a new one in. I have the chains and menus working but I can't get it to record messages or automatically ask for a password when dialing from a phone on the system.

"90% of the politicians make the other 10% look bad" Henry Kissinger
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Hello

Based on the symptoms, I think it is an integration problem between the
PBX and the voicemail. If calls call forward and hit the Auto Attendant and dialing the VM pilot does the same thing, then the Voicemail is not getting the proper information form the PBX.

Have do programmed many Stratagy iEs systems? Based on what I have seen the Network integration is the most common type of VM Integration on a Straagy vs serial. Out of the box that is how the Stratagy is expecting the Integration.

If you have not done a lot of STratagy ES or iES voicemail systems there are a lot of settings that need to be setup in both the PBX and the voicemail system. Since the PBX was already setup for a Stratagy iES I would assume that most of the settings on the PBX are ok, but I would still delete then recreate the SMDI settings in I/O devices. Although not common, in a coupe cases I have seen the PBX stop sending SMDI info. A PBX restart or recreating the SMDI usually fixes this. Be sure to copy all the SMDI LAN info before deleting it.

I'll send a PM on the things you should check in the Stratagy system for the integration.

OP Offline
I need to change the ip address on the stratagy to work with the network and that is where I am stuck

"90% of the politicians make the other 10% look bad" Henry Kissinger
You need to use Microsoft Netmeeting. Unfortunately the last Windows OS that had Netmeeting installed was Windows XP.

If you have Windows 7 Professional, then you should download and Install XP mode, virtual PC from Microsoft.

I was able to get Meeting install on my Windows 7 laptop, but it took a bit of work to find a download link and force it to install on Windows 7.

On my new Windows 10 laptop I just created a virtual machine running XP.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,112 Shoretel
187,717 CTX100 install
186,810 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Curlycord), 55 guests, and 432 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024