web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#603542 08/31/16 04:52 PM
Balky Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello.

I am thinking of upgrading my pbx ta824
I am thinking of voip technology like tde-100.
It should be compatible with tva50 voice mail that i have.

I need several ports that will accommodate my regular phones and fax etc

The problem is that i need to know what components need to be bought separately and what components are included with tde100.

I need the abilityto connect remote locations
I have several incoming voip providers

The phones that come with ta 824... Will they work with tde100 and if they do, will the features of tde100 be accessible?

I see that i can purchase tde100 from various sites but what is included vs what is not - thats the question.

So, i need help.

Thank you all in advance.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I would confirm with whomever you are looking at buying from.....what comes with it. Probably just cabinet and processor card. Power supply, trunk and station cards purchased individually.

What phones are you using now? (I know nothing about the 824) I realize you have a TVA50 already but have you looked at the NS700?

Last edited by BTS01; 09/01/16 09:39 AM.

BTS
Balky Offline OP
OP Offline
I use KX-T-7737 (One)

and 7731 (three)

KX-NCP500 - I found this, but not sure - what they have on the picture is a complete system, but what actually is in the box only god knows... https://www.neweggbusiness.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIV02F27F1690&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleBizMKPL-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleBizMKPL-PC-_-pla-_-Phone+%26+Conferencing+Devices-_-9SIV02F27F1690&gclid=Cj0KEQjwo5--BRCS8ceLjv-XppUBEiQAGp15EPgbiIxotB3Q7SVN99e9wHmm4ZaOEJnSE3bJmXBFt_UaAuho8P8HAQ

and just now I looked at NS700...

It does not seem to be expensive, but again, what this price reflects... maybe it is just the case.

What is the comparison of these 3 models? TDE-100
KX-NCP500
NS700

Which one is most expensive provided that it is stuffed fully?

Last edited by Balky; 09/01/16 01:33 PM.
OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
TDE and NCP are end of life, NS700 is the latest

no 77xx series phones supported
box comes with 2 digital ports and 4 analogue ports, cordless etc

your old vm will work with this unit or has a basic svm built in or you can install sd card and dsp card for the built in tvm
can expand up to over 200 phones

sip providers supported

supports remote phones with out vpn's

Not sold as a home install kit normally like the ta824

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
Balky Offline OP
OP Offline

OK Thank you. So, It can works with tva50, cool

I do not see how you can connect regular analog devices like fax, telos hybrid, regular phones etc... i do not see that many slots on the front panel anywhere. Unless there's a separate devices that connects to this unit.

How much this would be provided that I stuff it with all the necessary cards (door thing I do not need)

Also, it says that it requires certification... it means that if I buy it, I won't be able to set it up myself?

Also, it says that it requires certification... it means that if I buy it, I won't be able to set it up myself?

You won't have that problem. It means that they can't sell it to you to begin with.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Balky Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by hbiss

You won't have that problem. It means that they can't sell it to you to begin with.

-Hal

I do not understand why one cannot buy it if he wants to. I find this ridiculous! When a person wants to buy a car or ANYTHING at all for that matter, he is free to do so.

I bought the TVA50 and ta824, set it up and used it for many years...

and I can tell by your reply that you are so peeved... like I am stealing a piece of bread off your table.

I am not a rich business that can afford the services you people offer... but I need a phone system for my reasons.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Yes, you would be stealing bread off our tables. That's one of the reasons manufacturers restrict sales of some of their products to authorized dealers only. The other reason is to protect their reputation by not allowing inexperienced people to install their products and making it and them look bad because without training you don't know enough to make it work properly.

If you can't afford to work with a dealer I suggest that you stay with your TA824. It's a fine system and I don't know why you would want to go through this just for something silly like VoIP.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OBT Offline
Admin
Admin
I don't agree with the stealing the bread from the table is the reason they won't sell it to untrained people( plus in this country it is not inforced and you would be sold one with the warning that you wont get panasonic support if you had problems)

As for buying a car, it would be different story if the garage sold it in 20 peaces and you had to build it and program the computer to get it working

Years ago the kxtd 1232 worked out of the box and everyone was installing them and leaving them in default all ring and basic button programming. I went to a lot of those sites years later to sell them a new system to be told they would not get another one because the last cowboy just told him it could notbdo anything he asked for. That turned out to be the guy who fitted it did not know how to do it

This ruined the Panasonics systems name here and we had to fix the 1232 just to get to the point of them talking about upgrading and in some cases they were happy with the old one once it did what they wanted

Anyway the NS system does not work out of the box and will require programming to get it started, so a lot of these guys have gone now

By the way I have no problem with someone installing one for them selfs if they are able to. It is when they are selling to other people and giving the product a bad name

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.”
Obviously, if you want it you can buy it.... Probably tell one of your local Panasonic dealers how you want it programmed and they will have it set up and shipped to you. Maybe they would even set you up for certification course on it, if you are willing to pay for it.

BTS
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl Navarro, OBT 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
4 members (Toner, curtonpond, Curlycord, Professor Shadow), 90 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024