web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joe P Offline OP
OP Offline
1st timer here, my apologies.
Upon inspection the RAM battery finally crapped out and I have a new one on order but what tipped me off was the power went out at the office and the phone system didn't seem to work aside from receiving Line1 calls on only 1 (ID'd 201) 24b Keyset.

I can dial 9 or 701,702, etc.. to get Line1 so I'm guessing it's gone back to defaults.

If I'm going to start to reprogram this ancient PBX where do I start? I've got the manual and figured out the Tech Passcode and Cust Passcode but I'd like to get it back to where all 3 lines work with the old buttons on the keysets. These are analogs coming off of 66 blocks. My problem is that I'm unfamiliar with the terms to know my approach, any help is much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Joe

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

701, 702, 703... Are all the default line numbers assigned for trunks. The system should've defaulted a 24b Layout for the buttons on the phones. I think it puts lines 1,2,3,4 on the top row of the 8 button section right under the display, then goes from there. DT will assign a button a line, ex: DT701 assigns line 1 to a button. The reason it's ringing into just 1 phones is because the operator group is defaulted to just having one extension in it. Must add the other extensions into the operator group 500.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Default on this is a call key on key 1 .
If you have all the same type of sets like 24 B then you can globally program a set type in mmc 723. Default ringing is to group 500 so change that or add the other phones to the group

Because you know you need to change the battery I wouldn't program to much back as you will have to do it again when you get the new battery.Me I use a cordless telephone replacement battery as long as its 3.6V

Joe P Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks you guys. I thought of using a different battery but I figured for $10 USD I can't go too wrong. That and it'll be factory spec for whoever DOESN'T want it, lol. I think the group is the problem, I believe the extensions have been retained but aren't part of the group any longer. I'll poke at it again when the battery comes in. If there's anything else you can think of that I'll need to do (aside from programming date/time) let me know. Can I enable caller ID?

Last edited by Joe P; 10/26/16 06:45 PM.
pvj Offline
Make sure you assign at least 1 CALL key per set so they can make intercom calls.
Call display needs certain hardware/software which if you have will require the trunks to be enabled for it in 414 sets in 119 and 312. Sets only receive CID if they are set to ring on the incoming call or a caller is transferred to the set

Joe P Offline OP
OP Offline
While I was waiting on my computer to finish updating/start working I was able to figure it out. I wish I would've gotten back on here before I embarked, however. The only thing that's different than before is now that I have everyone added back to the operator group all of the Direct Station Select keys light up on an incoming call. I programmed our 6 keysets to be Direct Station Select buttons 19-24. This was an adventure! Thank you for your help as adding a CALL key back solved the HOLD issue I created changing the CALL keys (1&2) to Direct Trunk keys. I think we're back in business.

Cheers,
Joe

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
All the station keys lighting up on incoming calls is normal. It just means that station is programmed to ring on incoming calls.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,701 CTX100 install
186,789 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 110 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024