web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
MVSpeed Offline OP
OP Offline
I was sent out on an OLD SX50 to replace a bad back plane and power supply. This brought life back to it however the digital eats (3 of them say no sync and show _ then _ _ then _ _ _ until the display says no sync _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ and starts over.... Bad card? Console and SL stuff seems to be fine programming seems in tact as best as I can tell with limited memory

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Did you try and swap slots and reprogram that slot for the DNIC?

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
MVSpeed Offline OP
OP Offline
I did not I made sure I put all the cards back exactly where I got them from. I had no idea what the no sync referred to so was a little unsure of what to do. The console seems to be fine so assume I can beat some dust off an old book somewhere and try that. Would you think it could be the DNIC card? If so is something I can hot swap or do I need to power it off?

Sounds like you're up to your neck in it. The MCC can only go in one place. I hope you got a good data base hard copy before you shut off the power. The switch will come up default with something like 4 trunks, the console. My guess is that you may have lost programming. The MCC led should read "0." when all is well. Good luck!
P.S. Change the battery on the software cartridge with the power on before you do anything else!

Last edited by westerntelephone; 12/29/16 10:13 AM.
The system Generic holds the programming and Westerntelephone is correct in the caution that that battery, if low, will cause all sorts of problems with the programming, even to the point of deprogramming an entire slot. The console does not work off a DNIC module, so it will come up even in a defaulted state.

The SX-50 modules are designed for Hot Swap.

Do you have a copy of the program prior to the replacement of the backplane and power supply? If you do, check the programming in the switch FIRST before you do anything else. If the programming is correct, then swap the DNIC to another available slot and program it.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
The DNIC?

MVSpeed Offline OP
OP Offline
Sounds like it will be FUN!!, No backup I had never seen this system before the call that it was totally dead and needed a power supply because the power button was stuck on but providing no power. I was advised it would be a good idea to replace the back plane because the PS must have taken quite the hit ( no BBU no surge strip .... there is now but wasn't)

The cards are:
ONS Line Card 9104-020-001-SA slot 1 and 2
DNIC Line Card 9140-024-001-NA slot 3
Universal Card 9104-040-000-SA slot 7
LS/GS Trunk Card 9104-030-101-SA slot 9

I'll get a battery and hot swap it. I think I have an old used DNIC card here somewhere I'll roll it just to see what happens and guess when that fails to make a difference I'll get a book and start hammering on it :-(

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 117 guests, and 228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024