web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#607140 01/17/17 11:42 AM
OP Offline
Anyone have any success with the SCM over the Officeserv? Just curious about your thoughts on it. Possible Pro's and Con's. Haven't really had a need for it in our market since the Officeserv can handle all of our clients needs.

What do you all think?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

We have been a Samsung dealer since the 816.

We are not looking at the SCM. Have not heard too many good thing about it yet.
Biggest problem is how long will they keep the 7000 Systems going?

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
They'll probably keep the 7XXX series going as long as they sell.Look at the DS series phones they never sold well here and the iDCS series while older are still made and the DS phones aren't.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Don't even get me started on the SCM-C...

My personal preference is the Os7000 series in my humble opinion the SCM is limited. But then again I won't sell sip trunks either.

John 807
With the risk of opening up a can of worms John 807, - why won't you sell sip trunks? Is it purely a risk issue?

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
We were told when the SCM-C first was released that the OS7000 except the OS7030 will be end of life sometime after it's released.
It's priced well for the most part.
Once they fix the bugs (hopefully in 2.1) and give us BLF on orbit park it will be a good system.
Having more then 6 ring plans is great (you can have a schedule (which has 16 ring plans) per indial number if you want).
Remote gateways and failover, everything being 1 system so you don't have the issue of customers wanting phones in multiple locations to ring at once (which you can't do with SPNET).
1 system for management.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
They are also planning on at least one more version of the SCM-C, a smaller/cheaper which I assume will replace the 7100/7200s. I would start learning or at least getting acquainted with it sooner than later. I think it's pretty well known like nameless said, once the bugs are worked out EOL on the OS won't be too far behind.

Matt,
Most of my clients are school districts, government and financial institutions. Personally I don't like the overall call quality. Their concerns are that each company sets it up a little differently, it's not standardized or regulated (as far as I know) and there is a security concern. I have also talked to equipment Mfr.'s that say yes our system does Sip trunking these are the companies we have tested with and approve, if you don't use one of them we may not be able to support you. Which to me means today it works with these guys if they change something on their side maybe not.
Here's a bizarre example one of my government clients has a hosted solution provided by the local cable company (they are so displeased with it their offsite DPW and Construction offices stayed with 7030's). Their DPW has a 7030 being fed copper lines through the same cable companies modem. They opted to use the cable companies voice mail service. If the main building calls and goes no answer the cable companies voice mail won't take a message. The cable company keeps telling them it's the 7030. I put a S/L phone directly on the line removing the 7030 same results. The construction office uses a 7030 same set up only uses the 7030 AA and voicemail no troubles.

John 807
So Genesis, I guess I should talk to Denise about an SCM Demo? I know for awhile they had them attractively priced?

John 807
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,109 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,806 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 183 guests, and 408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024