web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#607288 01/20/17 09:46 AM
OP Offline
Hello
I have been tasked with taking over an Iwatsu system for a church/school. The problem is I've never worked with Iwatsu and the client doesn't have any documentation on the system.

Here's a few pictures I got of the system.
https://imgur.com/a/hiGsG

So from what I can see and have read here's where I am at.
It's on the network so it must have a IP but I am not sure if there is a way to find it?
I also believe that I can hook up to it via the RJ-45 to a FAX065 serial connector?
Then I'm down the rabbit hole of what programmer I need.
It seems like there's the old ADIX DOS then ADIX Windows then ECS?
Is it even possible to get these without being an authorized dealer?
Do I need to pull out the card labeled CCU to check the version?
If so what is the process for that as far as shutting down the system and starting it back up?
Also I'm guessing it's going to be password locked and might not be a the default one is there a way to get around this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
You have an Iwatsu ECS phone system

You can determine the system IP addresses-LAN1 and LAN2 by using the attendant phone. Verify the attendant phone by dialing FEAT99, with the handset in the cradle. The display will show the extension number followed by a lower case 's' if the phone is configured as an attendant.

Leave the handset in the cradle and dial FEAT, 91 for the LAN1 address ( should be 172.30.30.30) and FEAT, 92 for the LAN2 address. LAN2 is the IP address the system uses on the local network if connected.

FEAT plus 93 will give you CCSU serial number and version number.

To perform a proper system shut-down, press and hold the power button until the 'shut down' light starts flashing.

Your best bet is to find an Iwatsu dealer and get an hour of his time to set you up with things. Thus system really isn't designed for end-user administration, especially if you've had no training on it at all.

You'll need the ECS programmer, a proprietary dealer-only item and it's quite possible a password had been used. If you need to clear it, you'll need ICON tech support to help you with that, so you're back to a certified dealer.

Hope this helps you out a little...

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
OP Offline
Awesome this is definitely a great start thank you for the reply. I'll be onsite there again next week so I'll try getting the IP and CCSU info. Everything is working fine right now so I wont need to make any changes but at least if I can see the system I'm a few steps ahead if/when we do need support on it.

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, Toner), 102 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024